1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

switching modemrouter Aol Xbox live

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by bhee, Jul 2, 2007.

1. bhee

bhee Regular member

Hi everyone i have AOL and they gave me a BT voyager 105[​IMG] and that has no ethernet ports so i got a bt voyager 205[​IMG] what has ethernet ports so i can connect my xbox to live ive got one straight throughe ethernet cable with rj45 connecters[​IMG] one end is in my xbox the other end is in my bt voyager 205 im using my old bt voyager 105 to connect my pc to the internet,but i have a internet cable(don't know what it's called) going from my bt voyager 205 to my phone socket, so would i be able to connect to xbox live with that? i was just wondering if i unistalled the drivers for the bt voyager 105 and installed the new ones for the bt voyager 205 is aol compatible? thanks

2. kyle00

kyle00 Member

do you have AOL Broadband or just Dial-Up?

3. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

You can't run both dude! It's either one or the other. Get rid of the 105 and install the 205 to run as your internet modem. The get a switch and put that between you 205 and PC. Hook the Xbox directly to the switch and both the Xbox and PC will have internet access!

Running two modems will cause a conflict.

4. bhee

bhee Regular member

I have AOL Silver Broaband and I did that thing when you create a new connection(because i have WI-fi MAX) and could someone post a link for the BT voyager 205 software because i have'nt got it and im gona need that. p.s whats a switch?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2007
  5. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Think of it as a 'Double Adapter' or a 'Power Board'. You can plug heaps of devices into it and they can all communicate!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]