1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sync Prob (no not the usual chestnut)

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Frostbite, Dec 12, 2003.

1. Frostbite

Frostbite Member

I recorded summat off the tele in raw and converted to mpg with tmpgenc and i have an audio out of sync,I cant open the file with virtual dub so i cant save sound as a wav. Can anyone tell me what,if any other optons I have.

Frosty

2. drchips

drchips Active member

Hi Frostbite,

seeing as you already use TMPGenc, you can use the audio offset entry to get the synch correct.

Click settings,
    Advanced Tab,
    Double-click Source Range,
    Audio Gap Correct is the field you want to use (e.g. if audio is out by 4 seconds, put in 4000)

Can have positive & negative offsets (in 1/000 sec increments).

Best if you use the original sources....

Have Fun...

3. Minion

Minion Senior member

If you recorded the Video useing a Video Capture card then the sync Problem can be caused by Dropped Frames or from the Time Lag between your Video capture and Audio capture Clocks..This is Common when you have a Crappy sound Card and the Software you use doesn"t have a Good Method for compensateing for the Time Lag...You can save the audio as wav useing Tmpgenc but I don"t know how this is going to help accept if you are going to use an audio editor to stretch/Shrink the audio to the Video length which is the best and sometimes the Only way to fix Sync Problems....