1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sync problems with Nero 6

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by wiehes, Oct 31, 2003.

1. wiehes

wiehes Member

I have searched around the site and cannot find the answer elsewhere.

I have an AVI file which has the audio and video in synch but when I burn it goes out of synch. I am using Nero 6 and converted the avi using Nero 6, following the instructions within the Nero quickstart guide.

I have a Pioneer A06 DVD writer on an Athlon 2500+ XP chip with 1GB RAM. The DVD writer is on its own controller and the drive containing the AVI file is on its own sata bus.

From memory the initial avi was in Div4 format with 23 fps.

I initially converted the file to DVD format onto the hard drive and then used nero express to burn the data to the DVD.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2003
  2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

you could run the avi in tmpgenc to get your mpegs i think, then put into tmpgenc dvd author to get vobs to burn?

not gone the avi way before...

not sure on nero express i use nero rom on settings udf/iso partition v1.02 to burn with nero v5

Thx...

3. ulkesh

ulkesh Member

Wiehes, I had the same problem with Nero 6 when trying to have Vision Express convert and burn a divx3 encoded avi file to dvd.

Rotary, after having the gradual audio/video sync problem from using Nero Vision Express I did exactly what you suggested here and it still does this. The audio and video are synced perfectly through the first part of the movie and then gradually get out of sync until they are about a second out of sync at the end of the movie.

I'm at a loss on why, after I have a perfectly working mpeg (mp2) file that it screws up when burning.

Anyone have any suggestions or ideas?