1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

synchronize sound and picture

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by hlr429, Sep 8, 2003.

1. hlr429

hlr429 Member

i have a movie, but when i burn it to disk, the picture and sound aren't synchronized, what do i need to do.

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

You need to give more info for a start

Did you use TMPGEnc for instance...?

Because I have never heard of that problem when just ripping/burning VOB files.

3. baggins1

baggins1 Member

use vitual dub to seperate the audio from your film and then use tmpgenc adding video and audio seperately.
    However if this is a downloaded film and there is a glich in the film i.e you see part of the film with lots of large pixels then i don't think that you will cure this problem
    Good luck

4. hlr429

hlr429 Member

thanks guys, but i solve the problem.

5. baggins1

baggins1 Member

do tell how you resolved this for others that may read this All info is useful

6. chrishart

chrishart Member

Hi

i have a similar problem in that i was burning about 6 avi files from the internet onto a dvd-r using nerovision and the sound and video are out of sync. However the amount that they are out of sync varies. At the start and for the first avi file it is perfect, but for every file after than the sync gap gets bigger until for the final avi file the sound is about 10 seconds ahead of the video.

I am using a pioneer 106 with bulkpaq orange :) disks and a AthlonXP 1700+ with 768MB 333MHz DDR

The encoding process took at least 8 hours which i though was very strange but the dvd was full along with having to use some compression.

The files that i downloaded play fine on the computer but the dvd is out of sync on both my computer and stand alone dvd player

Can anyone suggest a cure as burning each avi to its own dvd or cd isn't really what i would want becuase i have a whole series worth of avi files to burn.

Thanks

Chris

Last edited: Sep 11, 2003
  7. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

8. hlr429

hlr429 Member

I found that TMPGEnc and TMPGEnc DVD author, solve most of my problems, great software.

9. Yuriv

Yuriv Regular member

Just to give some general info for people with various audio problems:
    DVD authoring with IFOedit can solve many sound sync problems, as it allows you to specify an audio delay when you add the audio track.
    If you want to use another authoring program, you can use a prog called AC3 Delay Corrector (available at www.doom9.org) to offset the start of your AC3 file to correct for lack of sync. (Assuming you are using an AC3 file.)
    Finally, if you do not want to use IFOedit or are not using AC3 audio, go over to www.dvdrhelp.com and read up on programs like BeSweet and CoolEdit. These programs can reportedly stretch or shrink audio file length, and can even correct audio that goes progressively out of sync as a video progresses. (But the process seems so convoluted thaqt I have never bothered with this option.)
    For my part, however, if the audio problems are related to an AVI file, I generally don't go further with the process as audio trouble shooting (beyond basic delay correction when DVD authoring) is a pain in the @##$.