1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Syntax Olevia 42" LCD HDTV - 242T (Any good?)

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Smurff, May 6, 2007.

1. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

Looking for a new HDTV to use w/ my 360 and what not, wasn't sure if this is a decent set or not....couldn't find anything about it online, but i might be looking in the wrong places....or if anyone know's of another retailer that has a better 42" HD Set for around the same price of $1200....

2. b18bek9

b18bek9 Regular member

well i just bought a Syntax Olevia 37in and i'm on my second one.... the first one i had, had a weird speaker problem pretty koo picture but the speakers on it where jacked the new one i got works great and they even upgraded it to the newest version since they didnt have my model......cant really say to much nice pciture on hd channels and play my 360 on it great pic at 720p....one down side is if u have to ever go thru the warranty department for Olevia its really slow to get ahold of them over the phone.....if budgets the problem then its a good deal if not then shell out a few more dollars on a named brand.....

3. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

Sup guys, my first LCD was an Olevia 32" that i bought back in 11/03 and i never had any problems with, all the hd channels looked stunning in 720P. My tv also had a slight buzzing from the speakers but i didn't really care because i always had my surround sound speakers craned up all the time. All in all this was a great buy for the price, plus i was lucky to never have any warranty issues. I would recommend Olevia products, i'm satisfied with my purchase.

4. dreamer2

dreamer2 Regular member

thanks elusiv for ur help in other thread. i have 1 question. how do u attach surround sound speakers to olevia 32 tv and also whats the cheapest and best surround system. i have good speakers for my pc. can i attach them to my tv. thanks

Last edited: May 11, 2007
  5. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

Hi dreamer2, the only thing i was using my Olevia 32" was for video. My surround speakers were hooked up to my Yamaha receiver, basically i was using the DVI(had to buy a DVI to HDMI cable)port for my HD DVD player, components for my HD receiver, and components for my Xbox 360.. The sound was output from each component via optical cables from my Yamaha reciever, i never used the built in speakers on the tv. Now for the surround are you looking home theatre in a box(HTIB)?? Do you prefer floorstanding speakers vs. wall mounted speakers. I'm no expert when it comes to surround, i'm just an average user that knows good sound when i hear it..

6. dreamer2

dreamer2 Regular member

i m a complete noob in surround system . i never used one.i want an affordable surround system. i checked logitechz5300. is it good thanks and i think the box surround system will be good

Last edited: May 11, 2007
  7. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

hijacked the thread w/ surround sound talk.... :(

8. dreamer2

dreamer2 Regular member

well suggestion for u is that i didnt have that much good experience with olevia and as somebody else was saying too that it has sound problems . u should either buy a surround sound system with it or buy a better brand. or just buy olevia and see it has sound problem or not and if it hast then u r lucky

9. b18bek9

b18bek9 Regular member

dont let my post throw u i did the same thing had my surround sound hooked up as well to the tv it just had one problem with the speakers and my surround sound was hooked up as well...but even when i turned the speakers off on the tv i still had a buzzin/ ringing sound when ever the tv was on but it was a older model the newer versions i hear are better but yea for 675$ for a 37" LCD hdtv tv was well worth it and the new tv is great....tho like i said i was just stating staing some facts and opinions on the subject i use mine for gaming/video so its not a bad deal if your budget was the problem....havent had any problems since so i hope that helps u out on ur purchase...also upgrade to hd cable or directv or even OTA hd cuz SD tv did look pretty grainy.....

10. b18bek9

b18bek9 Regular member