1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Syphon Filter On psp

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by SeTGo, May 30, 2007.

1. SeTGo

SeTGo Member

hey guys im new to this thread and im planning on buying a psp today... a lot of people are teling me not to upgrade and everythign to stay 1.50... and i was really planning on buying SF:dark mirrior and im waiting for logans shadow then i just found on syphon filter on PSP!?!?!? hahah that just made my day even better... i've tried to read all the forums with syphon filter on PSP but im just real confused im used to hacking with computer games with the torrents and just overwriting with the no cd hacks...

but i've never hacked a psp before so i just wanted to know... what would i need to do to get syphon filter working on psp?? i heard of just buying syphon filter from ps3 store or something but i dont have a ps3 but i'll pay for it if its as easy as plug in a USB in the comp and just rip it to the psp hahaha so how can i get syphon filter working on my psp???

2. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

You will need a custom firmware (OE) to play games off of memory stick. When you buy your psp, make sure it's 3.03 or below, as anything above cannot be "hacked" yet.

Now, you need to downgrade it to 1.5 using an appropriate downgrader. (once you have your psp, we can help you further). From 1.5, it's an easy process to get to an OE.

3. SeTGo

SeTGo Member

thanks for replying blackvamp... am i in big trouble is my psp is version 3.03?

4. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

5. SeTGo

SeTGo Member

hmmm everything seems so complicated and scary hahaha is this all i need?? and to find a version of the 2.0 GTA LBC is there any other easy way to find out how to do this? or another way to upload syphon filter?? im still going for this i just need want to make sure i cover all my bases

oh yeah i also just put in a 4gb card but i have a smaller 30mb... should i place the conents of MS_root in the 30mb card or just use the 4gb for everything?

i just started reading this thread also and http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/459139

http://dl.qj.net/PSP-Firmware-1.50-File-...d/163/catid/163
    do i need that patch? i was trying to get it from that site but it wouldnt download :(

Last edited: May 31, 2007
  6. SeTGo

SeTGo Member

hey i think im ready now i got everything i need and i pretty much understand how to downgrade its not that hard at all i guess haha... but whats the next step to get syphon filter on my psp?? thanks buddy

7. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Last edited: Jun 1, 2007