1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

syphon filters logans shadow

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by sleepy_92, Dec 19, 2007.

1. sleepy_92

sleepy_92 Regular member

hi i hawe 1 gb memory card but i want to play syphon filters logans shadow (its 1.51 gb big iso file) what can i do??

2. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Try compressing it to .cso to make the file smaller-UMDgen is a good program for iso compression..

3. sleepy_92

sleepy_92 Regular member

i've tried that..."Replacing the FMV is slightly trickier because the PSP must play something when a cut-scene is supposed to play. The easy work-around is to find the smallest .pmf file (that is the movie extension) and use it to rewrite all of the other movies in the game. For example, if the company logo movie is the smallest, use it to replace all the full-length cut-scenes.

The .pmf files are generally found in PSP_GAME and can be labeled like "INTRO1.pmf", "INTRO2.pmf", etc. All you have to do is scan for the smallest one, copy it to a new directory, change its name to the larger movies filename and then copy it back - overwriting the larger file. Or, the more creative solution, would be to create YOUR OWN .pmf file and have whatever cut scenes you'd like in your game! The possibilities are, really, endless.
    "

maybe theres another way(without replacing FMW)???

4. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Not any other ways of shaving the size down without deleting key elements, the cut scenes aren't really missed; mine is a CSO at 604MB with the FMVs ripped.

5. sleepy_92

sleepy_92 Regular member

one last question..can i replace the sub files too with a smaller movie like COMING_SOON.PMF

6. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

To be honest i'm not sure; i got one that was already ripped (Me = Lazy).

7. sleepy_92

sleepy_92 Regular member

ty for help...the game works like a charm !!