1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

system 0x5 error message question

Discussion in 'Audio' started by benbernie, Apr 4, 2012.

1. benbernie

benbernie Regular member

hi
    while using nero this error message poped up..what it about and how can i fix it?thanks

benbernie

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  2. Mez

Mez Active member

You might want to post this on the Nero board. I will say the reason I don't use Nero is there are too many bugs for me. On this non Nero board there are 5 times as many Nero problems posted than all the others combined. The last time I contacted their tech support I realized I knew more about their app than they did.

3. benbernie

benbernie Regular member

hi
    where is the nero board here or do u mean on the nero website?if its here whats the thread for it?thanks

ben

4. Mez

Mez Active member

5. benbernie

benbernie Regular member

hi mez..

let me ask u this.....for as i can remember nero software was full of problems...i can remember when computers wouldent even take the serial numbers that nero was giving to
    new customers 2 add to their registry..they had to perform a work around as nero called
    it and their reputation is still shakey..

benbernie

6. Mez

Mez Active member

There is also free software that does most of what Nero does flawlessly. You need several applications to do what Nero does. I don't mind paying for well made software. What really turned me against Nero was I have some poor DVD players they couldn't usually play disks made on Nero no matter what. If I use Imgburn that happens less than 1 in 50. If I were Nero I would figure out how that other software is so superior to mine and fix mine. They never did to my knowledge.

7. benbernie

benbernie Regular member

hi
    i dont burn dvds too often..it might be the quaility of the dvd your using..i find problems with cd 100 packs..i useally buy 50 cd packs from radio shack..its their
    giga ware btand..and i never have a problem with them.

benbernie

8. Mez

Mez Active member

I only use Verbatim. Do you think vendors put a different quality in the 100 pack vs the 50 pack or do the disks in the 100 pack go bad some how. I either buy 50s or 100s. I never saw any difference in quality between the 50 and the 100 pack. I have burned many thousands of disks.

No, it isn't the disk quality but Nero wasn't allowing an optimum burn speed. It forced a too fast burn speed. When I complained to the tech staff they told me it was the burner's fault or the OS but not Nero. When I told them I had another application that user the same burner and OS but allowed any burn rate I wished they were speechless. At that time Nero would not allow less than .25 of the rated speed. I use a much slower speed than that.

9. benbernie

benbernie Regular member

ye
    i think the support 4 nero is still crappola..they suggect u send them a screen shot and if u can figure how to do that then they tell u to reinstall the software..why do
    they tell you to make a screen shot rather than just to reinstall it?did u ever use roxio?i tried that..what do u think of it?

benbernie

10. Mez

Mez Active member

Yes, Roxio makes Nero look excellent. It interferes with normal operations because it will automatically start its own moronic slow software. You find you have to wait a minute or 2 while the Roxio scum software starts so you can shut it down. Not only is the software stupid but is very slow loading. I do believe it is the worst software I have ever used.

11. benbernie

benbernie Regular member

LOL...wow what a review...its that bad huh..and when u try to uninstall it its almost
    impossiable to do so...LOL LOL..thanks

BEN BERNIE