1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

system doesn't recognize dvd burner

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rallyered, Jun 13, 2007.

1. rallyered

rallyered Guest

i recently tried to burn a couple of my movies i had backed up on my hard drive. nero tried 3 times and failed all three. since then, my computer will not show my burners in my computer. i cant use them at all. under device manager, this is the message "Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41) i'm at a loss. somebody help! thanks :)

2. attar

attar Senior member

My Computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager.
    Click on 'DVD/CD-Rom Drives' select the drive (if you can see it) and 'Uninstall' - reboot and let Windows try to recognize and restore it.

If that doesn't work, repeat the above steps, except click on 'IDE ATA/ Controllers'.
    If you know which channel the drive is connected to, uninstall that channel (else uninstall both) reboot and let Windows, etc.

Last chance, would be to check the BIOS (on reboot tap the [Del] key) and verify that the drives and or controllers are set to 'Automatic'.

All of the above supposes that the drive is an IDE device (not an external, USB?) device.

3. RubyTue49

RubyTue49 Member

I have had a similar problem. It seemed to be related to using "AnyDVD" and "Clone DVD" - I restored to a point before installing & using "Any." and "Cone" - all was well but shortly after re-installing those two again - my 'puter wouldn't recognize the DVD or CD drives!