1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

system link

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by phoenharv, Oct 1, 2007.

1. phoenharv

phoenharv Member

hello i've tried system link (2 360's)with my friends and i bought 2 headsets for the controllers so we can talk for we are about 20 feet away in different rooms but we can't get them 2 work and i was wondering does this only work on xbox live as we have run out of ideas please help-------- thanks

2. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

you dont need to be on live for system link to work, i have three 360's linked all the time and some weekends there are as high as 6 linked for lan partys. tell me what games you are trying and how you have them hooked up.

3. phoenharv

phoenharv Member

hello i'm sorry i didn't explain it properly the system link works perfect its the headset i'm having trouble with when we were playing the games we could not communicate with each other as we were to far apart , maybe the headsets only work online-cheers

4. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

you didnt say what game but it depends on if your on the same team, as in gears of war and halo you should be able to talk if your on the same team or playing co-op but if your against each other than only in lobby before game, in halo you can hear you enemy when there close to you, like directly after a you are killed you can here each other for a few seconds.
    give more info, game playing and maybe the brand of headsets, i have bought some of the aftermarket (cheap ones) and they didnt work out of the box.

5. phoenharv

phoenharv Member

the games we were trying were mainly driving games colin mcrea forza 2 and stuntman maybe i'll try gears of war thanks for your help