1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

System Shut Down when playing DVD's

Discussion in 'DVD-ROM drives' started by DaniLyn, Jan 24, 2005.

1. DaniLyn

DaniLyn Member

Okay, I need some help before I pull out my hair. =0) I have a Plextor PX712A burner drive and a Pioneer DVD106S rom drive. My problem is that when I insert a DVD into the Pioneer drive it will start to read it and then it will completely shut my system down. No reboots, total shut down every time. I have only had the problem a few times with the Plextor and that has usually been in the process of a burn (what a waste of disks!) I have checked everything in the case and believe it is all connected right. It seems that all the jumpers are set correctly and everything. Does anyone have any idea? Just for reference I have the Hard Drive set as master and the Pioneer as slave on the primary IDE and I have the Plextor set as master on the secondary IDE. Is there a different configuration I should try? Thanks in advance all!

2. hogan

hogan Regular member

Sounds like it may be a power supply problem.Do you have enough power for all your drives.

3. Starbuck1

Starbuck1 Guest

DaniLyn, what OS / service pack are you running?? Can you tell us your specs?? Please check the Event Viewer log files for any errors. This should help with diagnosing. Let us know.

star

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2005
  4. lindnerwm

lindnerwm Member

how do you determine if your powere supply is inadequate? My friend is having similar problems.