1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T-Mobile Mytouch 4g slide S-ON/S-OFF root Help? & Key Function List HELP?? PLEASE??

Discussion in 'Android Phones' started by PantherX, Aug 3, 2012.

1. PantherX

PantherX Regular member

1st Question:
    Ok so I had my T-Mobile Mytouch 4g slide rooted by a friend with S-ON and now I can gain access to the root menu by using “superuser” and “root explorer.” I was able to remap a few buttons using “ButtonRemapper,” which is a great program but the only problem is that it doesn’t remamp all of the functions I want. If I try to edit the doubleshot-keypad.kl file through Root explorer I still cannot gain R/W access. I can only gain R/W access in the “/system” folder. Anything after that will still restrict the access to R/O (i.e. /system/usr/keylayout which is the file I want to edit). Is this because the phone was rooted with S-ON or am I doing something else wrong???

2nd Question:
    I need help locating key functions for my T-mobile Mytouch 4g slide. I just need to know what are the code numbers for the long-press function of the 4 buttons on the front of the phone and not the keyboard. I want to change them and I’m not exactly sure how. Can anyone help?!?

I know the original function for the quick-press is like this:
    # physical keys
    key 102 HOME
    key 139 MENU
    key 158 BACK
    key 188 FUNC_4

I’m trying to change the long-press function of those buttons. Also does anybody know what the button for the key number 107 goes?? It says that key 107 = ENDCALL but there is no physical button for that function anywhere 0_o

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Yep. When in Root Explorer, there should be a Mount RW/RO button (example) - go into the keylayout folder and hit the mount -rw button.

Failing that, you could use adb to 'pull' the file manually on to your PC, edit it yourself, then 'push' it back.

Second question:

I don't have a MyTouch4G, so no idea. Read around xda:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?s=4fba7612e37eaa5fa257194536640f7a&f=793

You'll find an answer there.

3. PantherX

PantherX Regular member

Thank you Ripper for the reply, I'm not really familiar with ADB but i do have "Android SDK tools" on my PC. If i'm not mistaken those programs are 1 in the same right??? cus i did a google search for ADB by it self and i kept getting mixed results :-/

4. Ripper

Ripper Active member

They changed where adb is located in some revision of the SDK. It is now in 'Platform Tools', which you can download via the SDK Manager (off the top of my head).

There is also plenty of information and guides available on how to set up adb over at the xda developers forums - do your reading there, it's not too complicated.

5. PantherX

PantherX Regular member

Thank you for the support Ripper! after doing more research I found a work around solution to my first issue which is to simply install another root program called "Root Browser." It basically has the same functions as "Root Explorer" but it has its own proprietary text editor and the app icon is strangely similar to the "Superuser" one. So if any1 else with a Mytouch 4g slide has this problem at least they will know what to do from here.

As far as my second issue I'm still having trouble finding an answer. hopefully someone can help with an answer whether on XDA or afterdawn.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  6. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Have you posted your question to the xda boards or just read around? If not, post it.