1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T-Mobile Nokia 6103b unlocked but can't find a network?

Discussion in 'Nokia - Unlocking' started by Askepot, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Askepot

Askepot Member

Can anyone please help solving this problem.
    I bought a Nokia 6103b from a T-Mobile store in NYC. I was told it was unlocked and that I could use it in Europe.
    However it was not unlocked and I had it unlocked in Denmark. Now the phone will accept my sim card but it can't find a network. I have never had this problem before.

Can anyone please tell me what the problem is?

Thanks in advance.

Tina

2. cwazie

cwazie Member

Well your phone has 850/1800/1900 MHz frequency. You have to find a provider that uses 1800mhz frequency. If you are in Denmark, then try Orange Denmark aka Mobilix, Orange, they uses 1800mhz.

3. Askepot

Askepot Member

Thanks for your reply.
    I am not in Denmark but a place called the Faroe Islands which is a part of Denmark. I have bought phones in NYC before and there was never a problem. I have also asked at the telephone company here and they said I should be able to use it here as they sell the same phone. Can it be that T-mobile has added some software to it?

4. pazzini

pazzini Guest

Faroe Islands only uses the 900MHz frequency m8 so who ever you spoke to is talking a load of rubbish.

Your mobile will not work there at all!!