1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T.Y. Question

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by MysTNitE, Jan 9, 2005.

1. MysTNitE

MysTNitE Member

i just bought some TY dvd-r's and are they supposed to look so generic?? they dont have the name or anything on them. i was expecting some professional looking logo or something, not a generic disc with pretty much nothing on it or TY anywhere on it.

2. jamacaboi

jamacaboi Regular member

I got some TY DVD+R 4X 10 days ago.

Mine was also generic looking. Once I ran it DVDINFOPRO (www.dvdinfopro.com) and it was identified as being authentic TY I didnt care if the name was not on the disc and it was generic looking. Its whats on the bottom where the dye is that counts.

3. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

Yes, that is how they are supposed to look :)
    They are made for professional use, and a big ol' logo would just get in the way of the graphics that someone would want to put on them. Trust me, for the money, you can't buy better disks.

4. MysTNitE

MysTNitE Member

o ok. i see. i just thought some kinda brand would be on at least the spindle. but w/e, as long as they are good quality, thats all i care about.

5. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

MystNite- I can understand your point about brand & or logo's Taiyo Yuden is a OEM - original equipment Manufacturer! They make their own disc & also under contract to others. I may have a Solution for you my friend ! If you like Taiyo Yuden media & want to see a Brand & or Logo on your dvd's Might I suggest you buy some Fuji Brand DVD media - Taiyo Yuden used to make their media for them until recently so you should be able to find some -get the packs that say made in JAPAN on them I bought 2 - 100 spindlees of Fuji DVD+R 8X media @ BESTBUY right after Xmas and I checked them with DVD Identifier and they are Taiyo Yudens - Every time I've bought the Fuji's that Are Japan made they were Taiyo Yudens so you can have your cake and eat it too! ( It'll say made in japan under thr UPC Barcode on the Spindle !) hope I helped - Peace

6. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

Just go with the TY brand disk, that way you know what you're getting. The fujifilm from japan can also be riconjpn, I know this from experience. Non necessairly crap, but not as good TY brand. Buying TY brand allows you to avoid the crap shoot of buying rebranded disks.

7. MysTNitE

MysTNitE Member

yep, i agree. thanx bigtoxy but i dont NEED to see a brand name on it. i just wanted to make sure i got the right disks and that its of high quality. as long as i know its high quality, i dont really care if it has the brand name on it or not. ill just purchase TY disks.

8. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

Where'd you get them? The cheapest I've seen them is from meritline for 47.50 per 100 pack. Thats for the silver lacquer 8x + or -.

9. MysTNitE

MysTNitE Member

i got them from http://store.yahoo.com/accaproducts
    but recently i found www.newegg.com that seems to have great products and really good fedex shipping. i think next time ill be ordering my stuff from there and lots of computer stuff too. looks great. anyone else know a good site like newegg.com that has computer stuff for good prices?

10. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

newegg is where i bought my nec3500 burner. I was very happy with their service.

11. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

roger that!

12. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

wow,

i just noticed this thread has been tucked and hidden away for a few months, not a single response for a looooong time.

anyways, TY's are TY's...as to what people say about running it through dvdidentifier/dvdinfopro; that is no longer a 100% guaranteed way to make sure your discs are GENUINE/AUTHENTIC ty's.

i have fakes that are horrible, but, still identified as TYGO2; nothing short of a fake media I.D. since i have found that they were made in Japan. Taiyo Yudens will NEVER, EVER EVER be made in Taiwan.

so, be careful as to which you think are real and which you think are fake, media ID code is so easily faked these days that unless you do buy Fuji/Sony etc. locally, you will get TY's...if buying online, the only difference is in being able to buy from a reputable dealer...such as supermediastore.com, rima.com, or meritline.com from my own experiences.

stay away from Shop4Tech since they are the ones that sold me the fake Taiyo Yudens that checked out as TYGO2. this has happened to many others here on AD as well, so i know i am not alone on this one.

good luck with your TY's...i am waiting for my OEMs next week and will let everyone know whether they are good or not, i have thousands of the 4x TYGO1s, but, the ones i ordered are 8x supposedly TYGO2s...so, i'll have to see if they live up to the TY standard or not when i receive them.

have a good one all

13. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

my mistake on my last post...i meant to say the fake ones i have were MADE IN TAIWAN. my apologies, i was typing faster than i was thinking in my head. :)

good day