1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TA-082 Bricked Again! Is there anyone that can help?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Nigels1, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Nigels1

Nigels1 Member

I have been following the guides and still got a brick! I have tried them on 2 new PSP TA-082. Both died on me in the final stages of flashing the custom firmware. The first one was with 3.03 OE-C and the next was 3.03 OE-A. I had a 2.71... downgraded using devhook to 1.5. Once in 1.5 I tried the Winstaller... Brick! Did the same steps on next one but used the manual way to update to 3.03 OE-A... Brick! On both it would start to install, say "panic.. blah...blah...blah..." and then say installing 1.5 at 0%. And that is it. 2 disappointments and no guide even mentioned this at all. Is there something new in the newer systems that is mocking all who have worked so hard to make the TA-082 revolution a success!? Is there anyone who has had the same problem? I'm usually pretty good with these things.

2. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

Were you using devhook to emulate 1.5 and then trying to install 3.03 OE-C

EDIT:

Nevermind I didnt read close enough. Told you in your last thread it was because you were emulating 1.5. You have to actually be running 1.5 in order to install it. Devhook only emulates 1.5, it doesnt downgrade the psp.

You bricked two PSP's basically, wasn't the winstaller.

REPORTED as duplicate thread

Last edited: Mar 17, 2007
  3. ThisDude

ThisDude Regular member

Custom firmware can only be installed on 1.50, any other versions will not work even if you emulate it with Devhook.