1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TA-082 psp question

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by ruffyruff, Feb 12, 2007.

1. ruffyruff

ruffyruff Member

Hi,

I have a TA-082 2.6 firmware and i was able to downgrade to 1.5 then up to 3.01 OE-B when it was released

My question is, would it be safe for me to upgrade to 3.10 OE or 3.03 OE?

Thanks

2. REAM

REAM Guest

yep will be, apart from the chance of bricking, but i guess youve conqurered that fear already.

3. ruffyruff

ruffyruff Member

it scared the poopoo out of me when i was downgrading when it was recently introduced

and those weird screens that look a long time to go, afraid of pressing the wrong button... OMG

4. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

once youve got a ta-082 psp on custom fw is it just like a non ta-082 or is there limits? like font,gameboots, etc....

5. ruffyruff

ruffyruff Member

i tried 2.71 OE and 3.01 OE

i saw somewhere that we should not try on 3.10 oe?

6. smartdude

smartdude Member

I got a TA-082 PSP with FW 2.71 for x-mas. I used the Dark Alex's downgrader to make it 1.5. Then I upgraded to 3.02 OE-B, then 3.03 OE-A, and I am currently running 3.10 OE-A'. I have had no problems with up grading. I was pretty nervous about downgrading too especially since it was brand new, but I feel pretty good about Dark Alex's work and feel that he would let the TA-082 users know if there was some kind of problem with one of his releases.

I recommend the 3.10 OE-A especially if you are playing PS1 games, because there are advanced options for the system control features. For example, there is the option to switch controller ports (1 or 2) which is useful for fighting Mantis in MGS.

My point is it worked for me, and the additional features offered with 3.10 FW was worth the risk for me.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2007
  7. ruffyruff

ruffyruff Member

there are some games that require 3.03 and up.. so that's why I need to upgrade....

i didnt want to since 3.01 was working soooo great!