1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ta-082 psp's have diff. voltage?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by skit, Jan 27, 2007.

1. skit

skit Regular member

I have a ta-082 psp which I bricked attempting to downgrade. So I bought a ta-079 1.5 fw motherboard. Got it today in the mail, and put it in my psp. The power works, but the screen, speakers, none of that responds. I searched google, and found another person who replaced their ta-082 mobo with a different one, and got the exact same results as me.

Some people say that the ta-082 psp's have a different voltage than the older versions. So what exactly does that mean? Does it mean that replacing the mobo with an older one is useless? Or is there a way around the voltage problem? I would really appreciate any help at all, as I've spent quite a bit of money on a mobo that to my knowledge, is useless to me. :/

Thanks.

2. Binighted

Binighted Member

Well,yes, as far as I know there is no way to get around that issue,you should resell the mobo and buy a new psp or buy a bricked one that you know its a Ta-079 up to TA-081 and it should work.