1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tablet advice needed

Discussion in 'General mobile discussion' started by ssinger, Mar 31, 2013.

1. ssinger

ssinger Member

I am looking for a tablet for only one purpose. To watch videos. I do not want to go through the hassle of syncing videos to the device or be limited by the on board memory etc. I want it to play directly from a USB stick ( which these days you can get it quite cheaply ).

iOS devices do not cut it for this reason ( I do have almost all the iOS devices! )

I am not too familiar with what is available on the Android side, but given the single purpose requirement, it can be anything, not even Android.

I want it to be cheap too, preferably less than $100.00

Replaceable battery with a battery life of 5 to 6 hours will be great so it can withstand a long plane ride.

Is there anything like this? Even if it does not meet all this, please provide ideas that are close enough.

Thanks.

2. berrymartin

berrymartin Member

3. ssinger

ssinger Member

Thanks berrymartin. Sorry for the delay in thanking you.

I looked for the info on battery life for playing video. I could not find any reliable info. What is the experience of people out there?

I assume I can buy an adaptor to connect the regular USB pen drive to attach to this tablet. The flag drive has a lot of mp4 files which I want to play on this tablet. That will be one and only purpose for this tablet. Hope this is the right device for that purpose.

4. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

Can i honestly voice a concern here!!!!

Listen Carefully!!!!

Certain tablets are produced with hacked versions of android from china the way you can tell is when you hit settings on the tablet and it lists phone information in the settings list.

Now for the bad and good news.

Good news they work for the most part and function like a real device.

The bad there usually built for the version of o.s installed on them which means no latest version updates which means while people are enjoying new apps you cannot install them because you don't have the latest o.s which sucks.

honestly pay more for a tablet then 100.00