1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tablet charging help?

Discussion in 'Android Phones' started by Wyattspop, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

I have a Samsung Galax 10.1 tablet and just had the charging port repaired. dropped it on the wire while plugged in. The repair is legit, the dongle sound rings when I plug it into a 6-pack, it says "charging" in the settings but it's been at 22% for 4 hours. All I can imagine is the charging cable connect got damaged, but would it even read "charging" and make the dongle sound when connected if it was bad? It's proprietory, so I can't test it with my other 30 pin cables? Sorry, I did not see a tablet section

2. aldan

aldan Active member

could very well be the jack itself.what happens if you run the charge down on the tablet below 22% and then plug it in?does it come back up to 22%?by the way,love the avatar.great movie.

3. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

Bizarre, now it's intermittent which bodes well for your theory, yep, I'm buying another cord. What sucks is Samsung's charging adapter and the usb cable are both "proprietory", I can't even use my Samsung S6 Edge + charger, same specs, same company. It shows "not charging" circle/slash so $15 for a new adapter...lame. You've got style, not many even know it's "The Warriors", I grew up in the Bronx 3 miles from Yankee Stadium so all things pinstripes (-;/ Thanks Friend

4. aldan

aldan Active member

sometimes the charger will show not charging even tho it is.if your edge charger has the same specs and jacks it should work.try it as it could be "lying" with the not charging message.seen it before.

5. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

Need your help, so I got a good charging cable for just $4, but after I charge it, the tablet drops to 55% just idle for 1-2 days, no internet connected, no bluetooth, it just discharges by 45% while not in use?

6. aldan

aldan Active member

and this is shut right down,not sleep or hibernate?

7. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

let the battery die and leave it a few hours, then give it a full charge over night, its a new battery needs to discharge properly then a full charge

Wyattspop likes this.
  8. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

whoops, not a new battery... may bad

9. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

warriors great film from north east england, uk.

10. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

Not powered off, no, just "sleeping". My wife has a Kindle Fire and it will lose maybe 5% (100% to 95%) in 2 days. my tablet is losing half it's charge. Thanks

11. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

Don't you wish you were wrong just once in a while? You know, 2nd place always fights harder and such? No, it wasn't a new battery, but it had it's first service recently, it fell off my desk while charging and cracked the charging port, it's been messed up literally since the day it came back from the shop. I let it discharge, recharged it and VOILA TONGPO...IT'S AT 97% 2 DAYS ON IDLE.....WELL DONE AND THANKS!!!

tongs007 likes this.
  12. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

Your "bad" or not, it worked.. Wanna hear something strange though? I ran it from 45%, I watched 2 feature-length films on Youtube while running a Bluetooth wireless speaker to run it down faster, and it only got down to 23%, so it was discharging at a normal pace while in use, but very fast while on idle? It's fixed regardless, so many thanks, saved me $20 on a new battery and $50 labor!

13. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

Solved by Tong

tongs007 likes this.
  14. aldan

aldan Active member

right on.good you got it sorted out.

15. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

Glad its sorted, and 1st place keeps you on your toes :p ;)