1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tactical Strike: Big Dissapointment!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Games' started by marlino23, Nov 13, 2007.

1. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

Well I just played SOCOM and after about an hour of gameplay, I have come to the conclussion it is not a good TPS. It isn't even a TPS! Traditionaly SOCOM is supposed to be a TPS game, now you cannot move your player or even have the option of shooting when you want. You get a sort of spike to control where you move and you move and aim with the analog... As cool of a feature as this is, you cannot even use it because once locked on, it holds on to the enemy and then you can confirm to shoot at him by pressing X.

Another thing the SOCOM series was known for was the excellent online play. And you guessed it... that got runied as well. Instead of being a member of a Fireteam, you are now the leader of a fireteam who gets to fight another members Squad. As dissapointing as the in-game playing is, it is just horrible to take this and put it in online. It isn't even competative at all, Just like playing FF7 online VS, retarted...

All in all, I was simply angry. This may be a good cam to some people, but not for SOCOM, maybe a cool final fantasy, but not a good TPS. For all SOCOM fans reading this who are all about TPS, don't download or buy SOCOM: Tactical Strike unless you can confirm you like strategy or RPG games (my guess is that most SOCOM fans don't...)

Last edited: Nov 13, 2007
  2. LeadBaron

LeadBaron Regular member

Yeah, this game is not very fantastic. It is an insult (in my opinion) to the SOCOM name.

3. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

Very well put, they killed the legacy of 6 great previous games just by releasing this crap.

4. LeadBaron

LeadBaron Regular member

They should make one for the PS3...that'd be sweet, even though only rich people would be able to play it.

5. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

SOCOM Confrontation for PS3... Possibly the 1 reason to get a PS3...

6. LeadBaron

LeadBaron Regular member

I'd get a PS3, but there are really only 3-4 good titles out, and $399 is outrageous. After tax and the 4 games, its past $600.

But, back on topic, we encourage you not to waste money (or hard drive space) on this piece of junk game

7. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

Editied- Added the horrible online play features/gameplay.

8. keshwala

keshwala Regular member

i got tactical strike and its rubbish. you have to tell the soldiers where to shoot, it would have been better i you can shoot yourself.

9. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

Yeah, exactly like a strategy game. But don't be discouraged away from SOCOM because of this. The previous games sure brought it....

10. Kerman

Kerman Guest

yeah, this socom is shit... 1st socom game and it sucked. HEY don't diss FF7.
    you dont even get to attack,they just do it..its not fun! graphics are good tho....xD

11. Kerman

Kerman Guest

12. LeadBaron

LeadBaron Regular member

Good graphics dont even matter if the game play sucks though.

13. LUFFYPSP

LUFFYPSP Regular member

man,i'm downloading it n its 66.5%...i download it bcoz i thought its great as marlino said in the previous one...lol i'm expecting a graet game for socom but then u guys said it sucks so my my moral are down...damn it...

14. Kerman

Kerman Guest

yeah stop downloading, try it if you want but dont get your hopes up...itput a bad name in PSP's socom and TPS.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2007
  15. LUFFYPSP

LUFFYPSP Regular member

i'll try it,then i can give comment myself...still disapointed lol..:/

16. Kerman

Kerman Guest

yeah...dont be TOO exited..my friend marlino, (i know him in real life) he told me socom was the SH*T.
    so i downloaded the new one and...it was crap. GUYS DON't DOWNLOAD/BUY THIS...its not worth the time and money its only good if you like RTS.

17. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

Should've seen how dissapointed I was. I dreamed of playing this game. :( Ah, crushed dreams, luffy... :(

It's such a shame, this horrible gameplay. This is an amazing feature filled game, but it's crap without the gameplay to back it up. It's good because of all the weapons, All Combined Assault weapons and FTB 2 wepons now available. It's simply amazing... the gameplay ruins it tho, wow, just wow :(

18. LUFFYPSP

LUFFYPSP Regular member

i see u r the big fan of socom in ur profile..devastated arent you??same here..damn it...now i am waitin for MOH2 coz this game is rejected already though i heard the review was great....damn i cant believe it still lol

19. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

Yeah, I'm waiting for that as well, I wish it was a TPS though, something needs to go in tactical strike's place as a good TPS...

20. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

I don't even know what to say about this. It's like a giant middle finger right to the face of the SOCOM name and to SOCOM fans. I hope to god they don't screw up Confrontation..