1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tagging MP3's with cover art - I am having serious issues.

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by buxton, Mar 15, 2007.

  1. buxton

    buxton Regular member

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2003
    Messages:
    208
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    26
    Got an iRiverX20. I have tried MediaMonkey and Tag&Rename.

    Basically, some songs I transfer to the player, that already had cover art embedded into the MP3 worked. Some didn't work, so I re-tagged them and they worked. Now I have had several albums that have taken me ages to get the image to appear. I have had to remove all tag info, use the online search Amazon function, and after several attempts finally the image appears on the player. But I have two albums on it at the moment that refuse to play ball. I have tried everything I can think of. Cleared all ID3v1 and v2 tags. Let search Amazon. I have googled for a pic and put it in myself. I extracted a working .jpg from an MP3 and then used it's size as a template, still no go. The dimensions and size of the pics that are working are all over the place, so that doesn't seem to be the issue.

    Any ideas, anything, no matter how obvious it seems, I think I am missing something really obvious and can't see it.

    In Tag&Rename and MediaMonkey, if I click on an MP3 from which the art isn't appearing on my player, the preview box shows a pic is there in the tag.

    I can't understand what the problem is.

    Cheers.
     
  2. rosedog

    rosedog Regular member

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2003
    Messages:
    156
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    26
    I use MP3tag (availble under the software tab - MP3 tools...and its free).

    I've been able to embed images into all my files easily. Try giving it a shot.
     
  3. buxton

    buxton Regular member

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2003
    Messages:
    208
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    26
    1. Nice one for reminding me what the name of that excellent FREE MP3 tagger that I used to use is, that for the life of me I couldn't find and couldn't remember the name of.

    2. As soon as I clicked on the MP3's giving me issues it was showing two .jpg embedded in the file, MediaMonkey shows that, for some reason it wasn't getting rid of them. This did. Re-Tagged it, and bingo all is well in the world.

    Cheers for that - give yourself a pat on the back.
     
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2007

Share This Page