1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taiyo Yuden (4x) DVD-R for $33.30 Shipped!

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Randolphh, Feb 17, 2005.

1. Randolphh

Randolphh Member

Just saw this and it's a sweet deal. 100 pack of Taiyo Yuden for $33.30 shipped using shop4techs weekly coupon code "DNS10" at checkout will bring the price to $33.30 and that includes shipping. It worked for me on 100. Best price i've seen yet on authentic Taiyos. Last 100 I got from Best Buy under the "FUJI" name but those were about .40 each plus tax so this is much better.

http://www.shop4tech.com/user.htm?go=view_item&id=3007&cata=1&s_cata=88_r33

2. S2K

S2K Regular member

I have had absolutely terrible experience with shop4tech. if they send you the wrong thing or a damaged item you have to pay return shipping and after dealing with extroadinarily rude and unresposnive customer support.

if you look around on the various forums they have a very very bad reputation.

They also have been accused of shilling web forums with people (typcially new posters) claiming to be customers when they are really with the company. if you complain on the forum they come back and go after you personally.

they ought to spend less time condemning their custoemrs and more time fixing their problems.

3. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

you can find similar deals at meritline and supermedia store. Both much better retailers.

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Ummm ummmm
    Those disks at Shop4Tech are not authentic Taiyo Yudens

I actually emailed TY about those disks and they told me that people are copying there manufacturing code...
    So beware of Shop4Tech..
    Check out this link http://www.digitalfaq.com/othervideo/buymedia.htm

5. chas0039

chas0039 Member

The ones I got from shop4tech are genuine. The fakes that show up in the US have always been sold as other brands but have used a TY media code. Shop4tech has been guilty of this for a while with their Matrix brand. Since TY has no branding a lot of these have would up sold on Ebay as well.

6. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Randolphh thoses TY at supermediastore.com are 32.99 for 100 and supermediastore is a much better place to buy blank media

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

OK here is my email
    My Email I sent
    The Reply From TY
    Now you can take that however you want but I took it as those are not TY disk's.

8. S2K

S2K Regular member

I have heard that disks from certain vendors may not be so much "fakes" as bad or lower specification production batches that are actualy made by the manufacturer whose id is on the disk, but which are not supposed to be sold using the name of the manfacturer.

I don't know this for a fact but it makes a lot of sense. these manufacturers do make disks for themselves and also for other companies to brand. some companies may not insist on same high specs, quality control level, etc for each batch they order. Or they or the maker may reject a certain level of bad QC numbers.

I think it is not only conceivable, but likely, that absent extremely bad results these disks are sold off and allowed to retailed without a manufacuter name on the label or advertising.

9. kchev

kchev Regular member

hey bb,

you and chas0039 are talking about 2 different discs

your link is for the Sonic which are fakes
    http://www.shop4tech.com/user.htm?go=view_item&id=2687&cata=1&s_cata=88

the ones in Randolphh's post are the same ones chas0039 is talking about and they are real
    http://www.shop4tech.com/user.htm?go=view_item&id=3007&cata=1&s_cata=88_r33

i have already bought some from supermediastore and they look exactly like the ones i used to get from rima before TY quit making them

just trying not to confuse everyone

shop4tech, meritline, and supermediastore all have these right now

Last edited: Feb 26, 2005