1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taiyo Yuden 8x 4.7GB DVD-R Spindle 25-pack Good Or Bad?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Stunt2061, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Stunt2061

Stunt2061 Regular member

Just wondering if this is any good:

Taiyo Yuden 8x 4.7GB DVD-R Spindle 25-pack

Please i really need an answer fast.

Thanx Alot

2. AtrophyG4

AtrophyG4 Member

TY is ussually a revered brand amongst the burning community. I have a pack of the 4x -r (TYG01)and the only coasters I got were ones I did myself. My slimline likes them, where I couldn't get a backup of Devil May Cry 3 to work on a Verbatim 8x -R.

You should be fine with this media, but make sure you are buying from a reputable place so you don't get fake TYs. There are various apps that tell you the media code. Those should be TYG02.

3. Stunt2061

Stunt2061 Regular member

4. Stunt2061

Stunt2061 Regular member

would this be fine with burning Movies?

thanx

5. Stunt2061

Stunt2061 Regular member

It has a silver top on the dvd's? and it doesent say anywhere Taiyo Yuden?...is this a fake?

Thanx

the cover says TALON??

6. AtrophyG4

AtrophyG4 Member

Blank DVDs are good for just about anything. There isn't any disk that is better for data/movies/ps2 specifically (to my knowledge). Taiyo yuden, Ritek, Verbatim are all quality brands.

I am not familiar with the company you are interested in buying from. I purchased from www.supermediastore.com and I can vouch for their reliability. You have to be careful with online retailers who offer TY disks and then send you something else.

The disks I ordered are just silver top with no writing and came with just a nice tape wrapping with nothing printed on it. You have to get a program that will let you know what the Media ID is. On a 4x TY -R it is TYG01, on the ones you are looking at it is TYG02.

You are looking at $32 plus shipping if you were to get 100 disks from this retailer. You might try supermediastore.com and just get the 4x -R 100 pack. Most people are going to suggest that you don't burn past 1x or 2x when making backups, so its kind of a waste of money for the 8x disks. They are $27 right now and you can be sure to get real TYs.

http://supermediastore.com/taiyo-yuden-4x-dvd-r-media-silver-matte-spindles-100.html

7. Stunt2061

Stunt2061 Regular member

Thanx for the info but I got the TYGO2....is that any good. Are those quality dvd's thats what im asking.

Im asking because i only got a 50 pack for about 18$ canadian which is pretty cheap?..

Thanx

8. joe33333

joe33333 Guest

How do you order off of the canada computers site? Do I need to e-mail them my order?

9. b33r

b33r Member

I noticed the deal myself at Canada Computers and picked up 2 packs. I would have picked up more but I was unsure of the Talon brand. I brought it home and yes the code is TYG02. These are supposedly one of the highest quality dvd-r media today.

I haven't tried any of them yet. Let me know if you guys have any problems with it.

10. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

http://www.shop4tech.com is having a 10% sale from May 10 to May 19 and they're selling TG01 Taiyo Yunden 1x-4x DVD-R 100 pack for $32 (didnt' include the coupon). I think the reason the disc is cheap b/c too many ppl buy it. Not because the specs of the discs are so degraded.