1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taiyo yuden discs

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by snige, Apr 1, 2005.

1. snige

snige Guest

In general I use printable ritec disk as Ive no problems with them what so ever. Plus I can back-up my ps2 discs. Kids have no respect for discs do they? But I was wondering just how good ty disc are. They £60 for 100 in the UK. But if I can use them for everything then I might try them.

P.S. No one seems to mention ANYDVD. I use it and so far its the only thing that has decrypted Layer Cake.

2. colw

colw Active member

Try the Search box at the top of this screen - there are a multitude of threads in reference to Layer Cake and AnyDvd.

Read and learn.

3. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

HI snige
    Everybody is touting AnyDvd in here,I swear by it.
    BEWARE of fake Taiyo Yuden in the UK, I hear theres alot of it.

4. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@Snige
    I only use TY's. They also have printable discs. They may be a few cents more per disc but in my opinion they are worth it.
    Jim Dandy pointed out fakes ones in the UK so you'll need to find a reputable store and preferably one that offers a money back guarentee in the UK (I use supermediastore.com but I'm in the US). You can always check the MFC once received with tools like Nero, DVD Info etc to make sure it's real.

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

snige,
    I use mainly TY's for all my backing up, but I would reccomend to you if the Ritek's are working flawlessly for you then why mess with a good thing? I my self don't care for Ritek media my self, but if they are working good for you then I would say to stick with what works. :)

6. snige

snige Guest

Cheers for those that have replied. The supplier I use is definately hunky dori. But I do get on fine with Ritek and they're cheaper. I've only had a few coasters out of a couple of hundered or so. We no doubt have less choice in the UK. As always. Looking at US sites TY disc are soooo much cheaper so no wonder they get rated so highly.

I'm new'ish to copying so much wiser comments are welcomed. I'm lucky in that so far its been a breeze. I use Pioneer 108, Any dvd, Shrink, and either nero or stomp/record now and disks that work. So why do some people have so many problems?

7. baabaa

baabaa Active member

8. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@Snige
    The reasons people have problems is numerous: anything from media used, not updating software, wrong media format for stand alone, burn speeds etc - the list can go on. Keep it simple- find what works for you and stick with it.
    I prefer AnyDVD and Nero Recode with TY media. I switched from Ritek to TY after a few coasters. Over 100 burns w/ TY and no coasters. Occasionally I use DVD Decrypter and Shrink when I feel like playing around.
    I also try and keep my pc clean and do not multi task when I'm backing up a movie. The computer I use for movies is mainly used for movies and photos - I surf on my other computer.