1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taiyo Yuden on sales @best buy!!

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by nohelpme, Mar 18, 2005.

1. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

Hi Guys,

Just spreading the word! If you saw in Best Buy's (usa) add this week, they had Fuji 8x dvd r+ on sales 19.95 for a 50 pack. Well if you get the disks the are labled on side of the package "made in japan" they are everyone's fav! TY!!!! I know people are going to write " I can get them cheaper" but they are not a bad deal and work great. I checked a ton of them and in my local store they were all "made in Japan". If it is from Hong Kong or Singapore Fuji...they are not TY! Spread the word! Beats waiting on shipping!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD+R:YUDEN000-T02-000]
    Disc & Book Type : [DVD+R] - [DVD+R]
    Manufacturer Name : [Taiyo Yuden Co. Ltd.]
    Manufacturer ID : [YUDEN000]
    Media Type ID : [T02]
    Product Revision : [Not Specified]
    Blank Disc Capacity : [2,295,104 Sectors = 4,482.6MB = 4.38GB (4.70GB)]
    Recording Speeds : [1x , 2.4x , 4x , 6x-8x]
    [ DVD Identifier - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

2. mvtip

mvtip Guest

Hurry, Best Buy sale on Fuji 8x DVD meida (both -R and +R) ends tomorrow, March 19 (Saturday). Make sure you buy the packaging that says Made in Japan.

3. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

These have been on sale at bestbuy almost evey week since december. If it's not the 100 pk for $40 it's the 50pk for $20 or the 25pk for $10. If you miss this weeks sale, they'll be on sale again. I recomend these to any bestbuy patron. Make sure they are the [bold]"made in japan"[/bold] media because these are also made in taiwan.

4. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

They were not on sale last week and for a few weeks actually. They were almost sold out. They play great on any dvd player. No skipping or jumping. They play so well.

5. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Yeah, they were.

6. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

They were here too.

7. Oleary3

Oleary3 Member

they have been on sale in Flordia/Alabama every week! I should know I've been there every week getting them.

8. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

on sale here to but there always prodisc not TY so i just buy them online its always free shipping and no tax. and there even less online also.meritline.com or supermediastore.com

9. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Keep away from the made in taiwan stuff. Stick with the japanese fujis.

10. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

yes friends bestbuy does put the fuji's on sale quite frequently and as several of our fellow members have said as long as it s made in japan they clock in as Taiyo Yudens - I have bought them here in Baton Rouge La. at the local Bestbuy . on several occassions and i do the look for japan check first like we 'all do . I prefer to get the 100ct. spindles when I can I know that the other quantity spindles burn the same I just like the minimum of cake tubs that I have to deal with. but I will buy what I can get or whats in stock when they are on sale. just burned a Fuji/Taiyo Yuden -DVD-R 8X disc in my NEC3500 it burned at 12x with no apparent problems . I generally burn at lower speed but given the reputation & quality of taiyo yuden I figured I would walk on the wild side for once or so! as you already guessed I'm a big fan of the Fuji's /Taiyo Yudens but I have had luck with most major brands and often Buy what's on sale - Branded media - major brands no off brand online dealers generic stuff that's oem mfr. changes from one spindle to the next or even from the top to the bottom of the same one ! I will order things online but when it comes to media I would insist on branded stuff only -taiyo's ,riteks , or other brands like Maxell , Ect. I want to know what I'm getting as we all do. and as much as I like the great online bargains sometimes the local Bestbuy,Compusa , OfficeDepot- or whoever can meet or underut the online cost on a really good sale! minus tax & shipping , Also let's face it Ladies & gentleman !There's something to be said about bieng immediately able to put your hands on your product of choice ! That's the only thing that online stores can't do yet! Until the Transporter & Mr. Scott show up anyways. but hey shop who & where you like - I like the electronics/computer mega-stores but I also like Newegg.com & several other online retailters too. Sorry to be so long winded - let me leave you all Friends old new and those I've yet to meet ! with this one word (PEACE) bye!