1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taiyo Yuden printable ?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by rajaijah, Feb 5, 2005.

1. rajaijah

rajaijah Member

I bought Taiyo Yuden 8X DVD-R Media silver thermal
    printable 100 pack [bold](TYG02)[bold] from supermediastore. The website says it is silver thermal printable but i see a shiny surface. the same product {Mnf Part#: DVD-R47ZZSB8} is not discribed as printable but only Silver Thermal Lacquer in newegg.com and meritline.com. Does it mean it was listed wrong in supermediastore? If it is printable can i print on it with Epson Stylus R200 or do i need any special printer to print on the silver thermal layer.

thanks
    Raaj

2. kenneth1

kenneth1 Regular member

If the disks are silver thermal,you need a thermal printer, if you try to print with the espon the ink will not dry, the thermal printers have a little heat band in them to dry the ink as it is printing, you need inkjet printables to use the epson, I have a espon r200

3. rajaijah

rajaijah Member

If I were to buy a thermal printer whats a good one{also cost efficient}... thanks

4. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

if you want heavey, color graphics, i dont think there are cost effective thermal printers. thermal printers range from $1000 and up. You can buy ones that print text and smaller simpler graphics for less then $200 though.

5. jamacaboi

jamacaboi Regular member

I use TY DVD+R silver top ink jet printables with an Epson 200. Amazing results. The graphics reproduction has a holographic look to it. Very nice indeed. Just my experience.