1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taiyo Yuden - Question

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by JVan15, Feb 13, 2007.

1. JVan15

JVan15 Member

I have read many good things about this type of blank media and looked it up and was wondering what the difference is between the "Premium" line and "Value" Line.

Premium

Value

Both are 8x DVD-R. The premium 100 packs are a little bit more money.

Do you recommend these or a different type?

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

There isn't a big difference in either the "Value" code out as "TYG02” or “TYG03” codes (same as premium)and probably won't come with a spindle. Be warned that they do have some little flaws that arent up to the standards of TY so they just sell them as "Value", but they are still better than 99% of any other blank DVD media you can buy. TY says all of there brands will last 100 years and beyond so if you need to save a couple of bucks then you will be happy with the "Value" line, but if you want to feel safer and can afford a couple bucks then go with the premium. I myself have bought both and I don't see any difference.

3. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

yeah the main difference is you get cakeboxes with the premium line and there taped wrapped with the value line. i have used both and the value line is the way to go i haven't had a coaster in probably 600 to 700 burns . one other thing with the value line you may get the 8x or 16x speed (which as of late have been 16x) and with the premium line if you order 8x speed thats what you get for sure