1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taiyo Yuden users

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Helfire, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Helfire

Helfire Member

A buch a DVDR i ordered just arived today, Ritek DVD-R and Taiyo Yuden DVD-R i havent used any of them yet.

However the Taiyo Yuden discs look pretty badly made, by this i mean the glue holden the dvd together looks pretty dodgy coming over the edges...is this usual and/or effect the disc quality in any way?

They are Taiyo Yuden Discs i checked with DVDIdentifier, Taiyo Yuden is the manufacturer...

Thanx for any input!

2. movies27

movies27 Regular member

I have no idea but I just buy Fuji I'd hate to order dvd's offline.

3. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Hey Helfire,

Honestly, it really doesn't seem to be a widespread issue, hopefully.

Taiyo Yuden disks are consider of great quality here on aD (AfterDawn), so with the set that you received, it may have just been a bad batch.

The problem, doesn't seem to be normal, but I could be wrong, but most people around here use them and they are of very high quality.

Is there any way you can possibly return the TY and get them exchanged for a new set?

;)

4. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Hi Helfire
    If your in the UK,there are alot of fake Taiyo Yudens around.Buy only from reputable dealers.
    good luck
    jD

Last edited: Mar 30, 2005
  5. Akazecks

Akazecks Regular member

Where did you order them from?

6. recondo

recondo Guest

I just recieved my order of 200 Taiyo Yuden TYG01 4x I have looked them all over and they look O.K. I got the 200 dvds for $56.00. I always use www.supermediastore.com

7. Helfire

Helfire Member

Got them from www.mediawrite.ie...dont get me wrong they're prob good, but just by looking at them they dont look as good as i thought they would be concidering the phrase they get here...but i'll give them a try anyway and see.

Not gonna bother sending them back they were cheap enough anyway, sure i'll see how i get on with them.

Thanx

8. vike

vike Member

If they are real TY, then I have yet to burn a coaster on them. If your discs look "dodgy" (I love that word, I'm going to steal it and use it)then it is possible they are fake, even if the media ID checks out TY. Also, nobody is perfect, even TY can produce a couple hundred bad discs out of millions.

9. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

The use of the word "dodgy" is why I figured you were across the pond LOL

10. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

@Hellfire,
    No where on that site do they advertise Taiyo Yuden disk's www.mediawrite.ie So I am just curious which brand is it you bought that checked out as TY's? Here is one way I have been able to ID TY's look for a number right where the dye starts on the data side (between the hub and the ink). you should have a number like GG000xxx or GD000xxx. If you don't have that marking then most likely your disk's are fakes..

11. Helfire

Helfire Member

Hey man heres the full link http://www.mediawrite.ie/8xdvd-r.htm if you scroll down abit you'll see them in a tub of 10.

N hey, im not from the UK im just your stereotypical red headed alco from the land of leaperchans...yeah Ireland :eek:)

You can have that word...but you'll be hearing from my lawyer ;o)

12. fancymojo

fancymojo Guest

i think there fakes i have yet to see ty's in a 10 pack EVER!

13. andmerr

andmerr Guest

its not uncommon to get a faulty pack now and again.Yes even i have had one disc where the glue had come away and the disc was cracked.