1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taiyo Yuden Valueline

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by poolpro, Jan 22, 2007.

1. poolpro

poolpro Regular member

Just wondering if anyone knows if the DVD-R's white inkjet printable Valueline Taiyo Yuden disc's are any good. The reason I ask is because they are usually cheaper than regular Taiyo Yuden Inkjet Hub Printable DVD-R's. What is the difference as they are both made in Japan?

Are they the same quality?

2. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

Heres a good answer to your question by kivory666 better known as Doc Ty with utmost respect i might add http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/107/296925 Chris
    edit answer to Nastajus
    Heres the direct Quote hello and welcome to my thread, as to your question, the ONLY major difference between the "premium line" that you have been purchasing (link A) and the "value line" (link B) is how they are packaged AND the possibility of the MID coding on them~ :) with the "premium line" you are guaranteed the TYG02 taiyo yudens (8x DVD-R) and they come in a nice cakebox for storage...as the the "value line," you have the possibility of getting either the TYG02 or the TYG03 (8x DVD-R or 16x DVD-R respectively)...in terms of quality between the two "lines" i have yet to see any difference after using THOUSANDS of both~ :) if i may ask, what drive are you currently using...my only concern would be that the firmware for your drive MIGHT or MIGHT NOT be properly optimized to handle the TYG03s (if you were to receive them)...i have had much more success with TYG02 than i have with TYG03 PERSONALLY, but many others have great success with TYG03 (i happen to get a few "bad batches" when they first came out to the market, i'm sure they have improved since then) :)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2007
  3. poolpro

poolpro Regular member

I know that Taoiyo Yuden is asically one of the best media's out there I was just wondering why the Valueline Nmae as this makes it seem like cheaper media.By cheaper I mean a lesser quality Taiyo Yuden. Like second class material I mean.So they are good then? I was just asking because everywhere I shop at(online) the regular TY's are usually $5 more expensive than the Valueline TY's.

4. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

the vauleline is the same quality as the premiumline . ive used 1000s of the DVD-R TY valueline with NO problems from SMS.

heres SMS anwser

What is Taiyo Yuden “Value Line” DVD media?
    “Value Line” DVDs are made by Taiyo Yuden but don’t meet their high standards for premium DVDs. Then the manufacturer sells them as “Value Line”

Are Value Line DVDs made in Japan?
    Same as premium Taiyo Yuden DVDs, Value Line DVDs are also made in Japan by Taiyo Yuden.

What is the media code for Value Line DVD?
    You may receive DVDs with "TYG02” or “TYG03” codes.

Is there any warranty for the Value Line DVDs?
    SuperMediaStore.com offers 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee for All Value Line DVDs.

5. kypartman

kypartman Member

purchased 200 valuline at thanksgiving time
    and another 400 on x-mas day

burned around 150 and only one problem child

would play in dvd player fine but I could not recopy

probably my fault

but I am very very happy with the result and the product and of course the service from supermediastore.com

6. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

kypartman- I think you'll be happy with them ! I bought Six hundred of the 8xDVD-R silver lacquer Thermals ( Taiyo Yuden Value line ) & I've used maybe 150 with no problems yet !I use mine mostly for safety copies of my DVD's ! & Hey if they're good enough for doc Then they're good enough for me ! hope you enjoy your taiyos and have fun using them Good luck ! CIAO!

7. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

kypartman

the TYGO2s DVD-R you got are write ONE time only. you will have to get DVD-RW to rewrite which don't come in the valueline

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2007