1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taiyo Yuden vs Sony

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by db62, Jan 24, 2007.

1. db62

db62 Member

Hi

On the faq sheet I see that the Sony DVD-R (16D1) are rated as 1st class blank media. These are 16x DVD's and I can buy a 100pack for 23.00 locally. I also have seen that Taiyo Yuden (TYG02) are 1st class media but most people say these are the best and are 8X DVD's. I would have to pay a liitle more for these but I would have to order them online. My question is, will the Sony (16D1) DVD's give me the same QUALITY and PERFORMANCE as the Taiyo Yudens? If so since they are 16X, should I be burning them at 8X or keep it at 4X. Thanks in advance.

Dan

2. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

u could just buy the sonys, they still work because i have burnt about 10 games onto sony dvd's and they all work perfect

if u have money, go ahead and buy taiyo. i just use sony because they are cheaper and still work fine.

i'm not sure, but i think u should burn at 4x

Last edited: Jan 24, 2007
  3. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

The Sony X16 are not Taiyo Yudens but sonys own brand. the X8Sonys +Rs(now hard to find) are actually TY T02s excellent media. I would opt fot the TYs especially if you can still find the X8 +Rs.