1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taiyo Yuden

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by billwebso, Jan 12, 2005.

1. billwebso

billwebso Guest

Can anyone tell me if they have purchased any of these disc's? How they like them, and where a safe and reputable is online. I can't find them at stores anywhere around me. All the review's I have read say these are the best. Please share your opinions. Thanks.

2. btitus

btitus Regular member

There are quite a few threads related to this subject. You simpy have to do a little bit of research.

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey billwebso, Ty's are considered the best. You can get a good price from this reputatable dealer. www.rima.com

They have 100 discs for $48.00. excellent price

4. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

They are the best. In terms of archival life and reliability, they are comparable to disks costing twice as much. You won't find them at brick and mortar stores though. I buy my TY brand disks from meritline, 47.50 per 100 piece spindle. If you feel uncomfortable about purchasing something like this online, check out:
    http://www.digitalfaq.com/othervideo/buymedia.htm
    A tried and true list.

5. Good_Burn

Good_Burn Member

How are these DVDRs ink jet printable, how does that work exactly?

6. jamacaboi

jamacaboi Regular member

I have my first silver top inkjet printable TY 50 pak spindle of DVD+R 4X. I have burned 40 with not one coaster. The results of the image on the disk are sweet. I use the Epson R200 inkjet printer which prints directly onto CD/DVD.

7. unclezen

unclezen Guest

taiyo yuden invented cdr media technology, and i have only used their dvdr media, never had any trouble. i'm using nec 2510a-dvd dl burner. can does anybody
    know where to purchase ty dvd+ dl media.

8. Good_Burn

Good_Burn Member

9. sakmd

sakmd Member

jamacaboi...

i myself have just ordered the epson r200 and a pack of white TY hub printable discs. for the longest time i couldn't decide between white or silver....and finally decided upon white. have you had any experience w/ their white printable? what was the deciding factor for you when deciding between silver and white?

thanks in advance!

10. jamacaboi

jamacaboi Regular member

I decided on the silver top after using the 10 sample discs that came in the box with the Epson R200. 10 silver top inkjet printable Verbatim CDR's came with the printer. The results were sweet. They had a iridescent glow kind of holographic 3rd type of effect. It just looked real good.

If the pictures your using has a lot of white it will appear more silver. But it still looks great. Experiment and see which you like more. After using the sample discs I knew I wanted only silver top inkjet printable. I have tried the white inkjet printable Ritek RiData. Good results on the pictures. Image was crisp and clean and frankly flawless. But the disc itself was bad and full or errors. Have not had that with the TY's.

11. sakmd

sakmd Member

jamacaboi...

thanks very much for the input! didn't know that the printer comes w/ silver printable cdr's. that's cool...as it'll give me an idea of what that will look like. works out esp nice since i've already ordered white printable. my printer and ty discs should both be arriving tomorrow...can't wait! :)

12. ricoman

ricoman Member

If you have a BestBuy near you, they have Fuji 8x 100 packs for $39.99 with the [bold]instant[/bold] rebate. Make sure the cake box says Made In Japan. These are Taiyo Yuden T02's. The Best out there. I bought 100 last week and might buy 100 more.

13. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

Be careful with fujifilm. They also use the japanesse manufacturer riconjpn, which is not as high quality as Taiyo Yuden.

14. blktalon

blktalon Member

I am using a Lite-On SOHW-1213s DVD burner and after burning through about 500+ DVD's, I have encountered my first problems. I started out with TDK's from Costco but after numerous problems switched to Mitsui(MAM-A) discs and had only 1 coaster out of 200 discs. I have since been burning almost daily at a rate of 5 discs a day to Taiyo-Yuden 4x and 8x media. My silver lacquer media has burned flawlessly after about 150 discs and after burning through 100+ white injet printable TY's I opened my third pack of 50 and have been getting errors in the burn using Clone DVD.
    The error is that the media is probably bad. I pop in a silver lacquer media and it burns fine. I am wondering if I have reached the life expectancy of the drive(I use it to rip also), or if the two packs of DVD-R Taiyo injet printables are just bad. It seems unlikely as I have tried media from two different batches with the same result. Any ideas?

15. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

on the fuji /Taiyo yuden-Ricohjpn issue ! I have bought about 400 of the Fuji's both DVD-R & DVD+R @ BESTBUY Store locally and I look for the MADE in JaPAN Only every time I have bought them they code as Taiyo yudens of course my luck could always change! I wish that they would make the BIG companies put the actual manufacturers code and name on the package but but then people would buy media buy MFGR. code and not neccessarily by Branded name so I guess that won't happen! I seek not to know all the answers -But merely to understand the questions! peace

16. ricoman

ricoman Member

The Fuji's that are ricohjpn are made in Taiwan, so look for made in Japan if you want Ty's. However, ricohjpn are very good media too, never had a problem with them, thought the Ty's are probably a notch above

17. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

YES But I specifically look for the Made in Japan fuji's on the ones at best buy they say made in japan on the spindles right above the UPC/proof of purchase label! So That's where I check . I'm sure Ricohjpn is good to but the consensuss at afterdawn.com by almost an overwhelming margin is TAIYO YUDEN is The Ne Plus Ultra of DVD Media! Of course Verbatims are great Too , And possibly Ritek 's To be Honest I've not really used Ritek's other than some DVD-RW disk=Memorex AS for their DVD-R & DVD+R media from what I've read hear @ afterdawn in the various forums RITEKS quality control appears to have gone down abit as of late . I usually Buy whatever Branded media I get a deal on Preferably Fuji -japanese -Taiyo Yudens . But you use what you have and whatever works good for your Burner ! In the end that's all that matters really Peace Y'all

Last edited: Jan 14, 2005
  18. ricoman

ricoman Member

You'll hear no argument from me, I bought a 100 cake box of Fuji (TY T02'S) last week. As for the Riteks, I've had really good and really bad batches even though the ID'd as various Ritek DVDs.