1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

takes to long to read dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by whitelab, Sep 28, 2004.

1. whitelab

whitelab Guest

hey when i first got dvd x copy it took only 40 or so minutes to read a dvd.......... now it takes more than an hour to one hour and 20 mins. to read the dvd. it only takes 15 mins. to write it. can any one help please......................

2. adw

adw Guest

3. zippyd

zippyd Active member

@ adw
    if you don't have anything helpful to say then please don't post. Your post is pointless unless you're just trying to drive up those numbers to get rid of newbie status.

@ whitelab
    please use the x copy forum for all questions pertaining to dvd x copy. Thanks.

4. Agent0008

Agent0008 Regular member

Are the disk clean? No scracthes or finger prints. Mine will read a clean disk in about 20 minutes but if it's scratched it will take a lot longer (30 or 40 minutes). I always clean the disk before a read.

Other factors could be a program running in the background causing the computer to slow down. While I have no problem doing other things while the program is working it still seems to do a better job if I simply allow the program to run by itself and don't use the computer until it's done.

The biggest thing is to make sure you defrag your hard drive regularly, it really helps the peformance of X-copy.