1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

taking out parts in a movie

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by goodswipe, Aug 24, 2003.

1. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

ok i got a movie that is really big. if i split it into 2 parts its 25mb over my disk space.i would like to put the movie on two disks not three. im thinking i need to take out the ending credits. i think if i do that it will give me like 6 mins shaved off. is that enough to make it fit on two disks??
    i used TMPGEnc to create it...i know i can cut off the ending credits using that prog but im not too sure on how to do it. can someone please give me a step by step way on how to do this? thank you

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

TMPGEnc, will do it, click file - m,peg tools and click the merge & cut tab!

3. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

ok well i knew tmpgenc would do that i just wasnt sure on how to do it and if i did would it give me enough room to put my movie onto a 700 mb disk. so go to mpeg tools, merge and cut tab,then add my mpeg,click edit,then drag that pionter to where i want it. now what do i do with those brackets ( {} )....where do i place them? does this one { go at the beginnig of the ending credits and does this one } go at the end?? thanks dela! :)

4. ABMone

ABMone Guest

yeah thats how

or where it says range leave the first box on 00:00:00 and slide the bar to the beginning of the credits(you can find the spot on the screen with the movie playing) and put that number in the second box.

hit ok browse to where you want the new clip and run

it goes fast just test to see if it cuts of enough to fit

5. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

ok i got great news!! file size after taking out ending credits is 697.8mb each!!! now i can only use two cd's. damn im a cheap ass! thanx

6. ABMone

ABMone Guest

Hey man, I know what it means to be a cheap ass.

We just broke these days

7. Dela

cheap ass!! lol if 1 cd is so important or anything, try kvcd :)

8. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

ok....when i said the size of the two files..i was wrong. I use DVtool to split the mpeg and it says it will be 697.8 mb each but actually when i split them it came out to 714mb each. wtf is up with that!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

9. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

oh yeah...dela it is a vcd that i made not an svcd if thats what you were implying by telling me to check out that vcd link. :-o

10. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

ok..if dela or ABMone sees this, well, i think im living in the twilight zone. ok i decided to live with the fact that im going to have to put the movie onto 3 disks. ok no problem but wait there is a problem...when i split the mpeg up it makes it into 4 parts even though i tell the program to only split it into 3 parts. ok now it gets worse when it is done getting split up the video is not there in the last 3. ok even worse....i go ahead and try and burn it just to see what happens and wtf stupid nero says that the f*cking video isnt a VCD!! WTF????

11. ABMone

ABMone Guest

in nero you need to pick SuperVcd

on the other are you using dvd2svcd with tmpgenc or what?

12. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

no im making it a vcd not an svcd and in nero i select the vcd option because thats what I made it. I dont know whats going on.

13. ABMone

ABMone Guest

My fault read it too quick

what is the reason nero tells you for being non-compliant

are you using the wizard with tmpgenc because it is the best way but put motion search precise to slowest

14. Dela

VCD Link??

15. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

dela you told me to check out kvcd and now whenever you type vcd or svcd or tpmgenc it makes a link for it,but anyways to hell with my problem because i added the whole movie to nero to see what would happen and it still told me that it wasnt vcd compliant. im thinking when i took out those ending credits somehow it messed it the mpeg. i deleted it, so bye bye movie :-(