1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taking scenes from a DVD to MPEG

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by jasonk, Nov 19, 2001.

1. jasonk

jasonk Member

I've read your site thoroughly, and maybe since I'm a novice at this, I'm not completely sure what to do next.

For a school project, I'm taking about 30 minutes worth of scenes from DVD for a presentation. They're not complete DVD chapters. I've ripped the entire DVD using SmartRipper. Now DVD2AVI is running (slowly!). I'm ok to this point.

Next, I need edit the film by cutting out certain scenes. How can I do this? Do I continue with TMPGenc? Or do I need to do something else in order to use a video editor?

Thanks for helping.

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Yeah, you can do this with TMPGEnc -- follow the instructions to the point where you get into encoding Settings in TMPGEnc. Make all the selections we listed in the guide, but then go to the Advanced tab under Settings and in that window you see list of filters (checkboxes next to them). Doubleclick on "source range" and select your clip using that window and click OK and do the rest of the stuff listed in the guide.

3. jasonk

jasonk Member

dRD, many thanks for your help. I will do as you say.