1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talismoon Whisper Fan

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by KRollie, Jan 30, 2007.

1. KRollie

KRollie Guest

Hi, My xbox is getting really bad with freezing issues which I take it are due to over heating! Some times when I have played it a while, and I switch it off then back on, the video signal will come back on scrambled (fuzzy lines across the screen) or even nothing at all(no picture will show on screen - no red circle on front of console). When I switch it off and leave it a while, then restart it will startup fine.

So I was thinking of buying these from ebay.co.uk Item number: 180080603499

Has anyone installed these and do you think they will be any good??

Thanks for replies!

2. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

I got the chrome 360 case and the blue talismoon fan arriving tomorrow. I can chunk that F-18 of a NYKO intercooler off forever. I'll let you know how cool it keeps my hitachi and my son's samsung.

3. KRollie

KRollie Guest

Thanks, have just noticed that I can't change the PAL 60 settings now. Every time I do the screen goes all fuzzy and can only just make out the dashboard. It's not the tv as I tried it on the upstairs one that my son has. What the hell is happening? No more gears of war.

P.S. apart from the noise, did you find the intercooler did the trick, was you 360 performing better?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2007
  4. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

I never played my 360 without the intercooler so I don't know. All I know is it works perfectly with it on. I'll take it off and install the Talismoon tomorrow. I figure with the chrome case and the xSATA and the blue talismoon I should be glowing like a lit candle. Not sure about those PAL settings as I have a NTSC console.

5. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

I wouldn't use the intercooler... it is bad for the 360...
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/455546/2777181-358798

~Domreis

6. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

I look at that as an isolated incident since I've only ever heard of it actually happening to 2 people. I looked, examined my intercooler after reading that thread and mine is as white as milky white boobs ;)

So I'm not worried. Stuff comes into tomorrow (case and talismoon) and i'm done with the 360 for tonight... The NYKO worked fer me...

7. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

Thats fine... I just wanted to get the info out to you...

8. KRollie

KRollie Guest

I had thought of buying the intercooler but was put off by this a while back. Hopefully they have solved the problems as I am thinking of also buying the intercooler to run alongside the talisman. My xbox has serious freezing issues.

9. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

The chrome 360 case and Talismoon fan came today. Easy as hell to install both and it the talismoon works quieter and better than the stock fans. Not as much air as the intercooler but no risk of frying the 360.

10. KRollie

KRollie Guest

Hi, thamks. I just went ahead and bought them. Installed in no time and look good with the green leds. Seems to be helping so far. Fingers crossed. Also changed the firmware from v5.2B to 5.2C as most games were freezing because of slow load times.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2007
  11. David360

David360 Member

I think the problem with the Nyko is that it doesn't attach securely to the 360. Loose connections will cause arcing or dirty power both of which will cause havoc on 360's...not to mention it is very noisy.

FYI: plug your 360 directly into the wall outlet. I've bought both of my 360's on Ebay for $150.00 and $175.00 because of "3 red light failure." I've never had a problem with them in about 6 months!

12. KRollie

KRollie Guest

Problems. Fans have been in two days and I have three red lights. Error code 0102. I think It is a GPU problem as my video feed was getting problems. Going to try the hot gun method of repair!

13. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Go buy a new one and return the old one in the new one's case the next day. Far easier than the hassle of the heat gun fix.

14. KRollie

KRollie Guest

You read my mind, I was just checking stores websites to see who has a 14 day return policy. PC world has a 28 day one, might try there.

15. KRollie

KRollie Guest

In saying that, how easy is it to do that without tearing the warranty sticker

16. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Well I have the chrome 360 case. I got it from http://www.totalconsole.com

It says not to take it apart alot when you put it on but I had to because the metal plate was shorting my m28 to the point where it would just blink like it was a hitachi in modeB. I took the case apart again, which broke it a little and fixed the problem. Everything is working again but I might just sell this m28 and get another hitachi.

Anyway, it's easy as hell to install the talismoon fan. Just take the old out and plug in the new.