1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talladega Nights Problem

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by dmoening, Feb 11, 2007.

1. dmoening

dmoening Member

I cannot use DVD shrink on Talladega Nights. It gives me an error that reads INVALID DVD NAVIGATION STRUCTURE!

I have DVD Fab what can I do.

2. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

By now DVDFab Decrypter should be able to handle Talladega Nights. Used the latest version of the software. Personally, I've started using RipIt4Me for the new heavier copy protected releases. If you think Talladega Nights was something, it's big brother is Saw 3. You can get the NI4M at http://www.ripit4me.org .

3. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

Hi,

I am assuming u ripped the dvd with DVDFab right? then when u use shrink that error comes up?

Be sure to use the latest version of DVDFab 3080. After the rip, IF u get errors while using shrink, u have to run the Video_ts.IFO file thru VobBlanker or FixVTS BEFORE using shrink.

So if u have the ripped folder already, then just use VoBblanker or FixVTS now, then continue with shrink as normal.

Here is a guide with those programs DVDFab+VobBlanker+Shrink+IMGburn

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

A lot of work. With RI4M installed all that is needed is to open the RI4M with the DVD in the drive, click 1-Click, let the program read the disc, click Next and wait for the files to open in Shrink. Then use Shrink according to Shrink guidelines. Now that's seamless and easy.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007
  5. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

6. colw

colw Active member

No problems doing this movie with DVD Shrink and AnyDVD running in the background

7. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Try using the version of AnyDVD that was available when the movie first came out. ;) Talladega Nights uses similar copy protection to Saws 3 which just gave copy software a run for its money. Most of the decryption programs have caught up by now. So Talladega Nights is a piece of cake for just about all the software programs now. The question should be, what software won't do Talladega Nights? LOL

8. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

What do u mean?

A lot of work, that really depends on the person doing it, for me it is very simple and just as quick as me using RI4M, actually the main reason why i use DVDFab+VobBlanker is i Must(i'm addicted to VobB) use VobB to customize how i want it, plus i think DVDFab is a little faster ripper too, plus i like to use Recode rather than shrink, so thats another reason why i dont use the 1 click mode. Although dont get me wrong RI4M is one of the best programs out there and i'll use that if my first method is not working.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2007
  9. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Your just addicted to VobBlanker, but I've been long a VobBlanker-holic, lol. I guess we're even huh buddy. Yep, all of my ripped DVDs/backups must go through VobBlanker for editing, blanking, deleting and processing unwanted junks and the rest is history.

Here's the latest VobBlanker beta (2130B6) if you need it http://download.videohelp.com/jsoto/betas/

Again, great minds think alike. Yep, that's just like me; if the latest DVDFab couldn't handle it (that's very rare, about 1%, except SAW 3: UNRATED EDITION when it first came out, RI4M top all rippers until DVDFab got updated), then I'll simply fireup RI4M and the rest is history.

Overall, I think it's wise to have other tools as a 2nd or 3rd method/backup if the usual don't work. Sometimes it required more than just a ripper to get the job done. With that being said, it's good to have experiences with variety tools, the more you know the more advanced (knowledge) you'll acquire in the end.

Best of luck to all and happy burning!!

10. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

What up Alkohol, i couldn't agree with u more.

also i have the beta 6 of VobB, needed it for all the new sony releases.

BTW i wouldn't be addicted to VobB if it wasn't for u.

Thanks again Alkohol :)

11. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Alkohol
    Words of wisdom. I've used the advice, if not directly from you. I learned how various programs work. I've endeavored to collect a set of software that can be relied on under a variety of circumstances. I also keep my eyes peeled for that new program coming along.

I used to like pushing the buttons and being a part of getting the job done. However I've become a bit lazy of late and decided to start letting the software do the job. As you pointed out, RipIt4Me did the heaviest copy protections when others were caught. With the 1-click it does everything needed for compliant files. I'm not tossing my other software, but they have to win the top spot back. Till RI4M fails, I'll stick with it.

Like you said, we need options, so that's why I'm keeping the other software and keeping my eyes peeled for what's next. It pays to keep and open mind and not get stuck on one particular program. Last month it was AnyDVD with DVD Decrypter and run the latest FixVTS as necessary. This month it's RI4M. Who knows what next month will hold, maybe DVDFab and VobBlanker. For now my favorite tools are RipIt4Me, DVD-RB Pro + CCE SP 2.70.2.12 and Nero Express to burn. I don't claim to be in your and 300bowler's league, buit I use some of the same software and manage to get the job done.

12. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

For those not familiar with what RipIt4Me is (little public service announcement, lol):

RipIt4Me (macro)= RipIt4Me + DVD Decrypter + FixVTS + DVD Shrink

Ripit4Me is a good complement to DVD Shrink. It uses Shrink at the end of the process for a compliance test. Then Shrink is handy to use to finish the backup job (along with a supported burner). Of course Shrink can be closed and the "cleaned" files used in other software. So, when discussing RI4M, we're staying on topic with the theme of this forum, DVD Shrink.

13. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I guess you didn't like the responses from this thread so you decided to start another one on the same subject? Second thread here

Rule #3

Last edited: Feb 13, 2007
  14. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

15. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Don't that just piss U off!

16. J0hnnyga

J0hnnyga Regular member

i backed this movie up fine with anydvd + shrink just get those

17. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

AnyDVD is good. I own it. But it doesn't do as well in all circumstances. There are good freeware options as well. Ripit4Me, http://www.ripit4me.org , and DVDFab Decrypter.