1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tapes to Mp3

Discussion in 'Audio' started by okehdokeh, May 2, 2005.

1. okehdokeh

okehdokeh Member

I wanna digitalyze some old Tapes. What would be the best way to do it, keeping as much sound quality as possible?

2. hijacker

hijacker Guest

I recorded a out of print tape to cd using nero remix.I got a mini plug splitter from radio shack with two RCA jacks on the back.Cost about 2 dollars.I placed that in the sound card in the input jack or what ever it's called on the sound card.And the ran two RCA cords to an amplified stereo.Someting small like a walkman won't work.Tried that too.Then hit record button on nero mix and hit the play button on the stereo.Then you can save the file to your computer.Mine was one continuous track.I didn't know how to break up the tracks seperatley using nero mix, so I used audacity which is a free program on the internet.Just search the net and you can find the program.Then you can clip the songs and save them as seperate tracks.This is the cheapest way that I know how that helps.

3. okehdokeh

okehdokeh Member

thx a lot, i'll give that a try.

4. nonoitall

nonoitall Member

Audacity also has a built-in noise-removal filter, which, if not overused, can help remove a little of the background noise inherent to magnetic tapes. Don't use it too much though or you'll get watery-sounding MPEG-like distortions.

5. ashroy01

ashroy01 Regular member

6. Digidave

Digidave Regular member

You won't need the amp with a cassette deck. just go from L & R out jacks to the sound card "Line In".