1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tartarus is a nuisance

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Shaihulud, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Shaihulud

Shaihulud Member

I have finished the game on legendary right up until the final battle against the gorilla with the mohawk. However, since I am on legendary he is completely invincible. For example last night I spent around 40 mins on one particular confrontation, and yet the outcome never differs. My weapons of choice are the carbine for disabling the shield (around 10 head shots or so) and the shotgun or brute shot when he is exposed.
    Myabe it is just me, but if anyone could offer any advice I would greatly appreciate it

2. Spartan03

Spartan03 Member

I had the same problem. I just gave up because other brutes just poured in plus I had to deal with that Chieftan brute that kills all my men.

3. Shaihulud

Shaihulud Member

No that is not acceptable. The other brutes are an inconvenience, but utlimately there should be a way to beat him

4. mikeyk

mikeyk Member

find a sword that one of your comrades droped and use that. it worked for me.

5. Spartan03

Spartan03 Member

That didn't do anything for me

6. Shaihulud

Shaihulud Member

Hitting him with a sword will not lower his shield, so all he does is turn around and with one swift blow ends the encounter. The sword offered me no assistance, but thanks for the replies and keep me posted.

7. pvt213

pvt213 Member

lure the cheiftan 2 the outskirts of the platform and run circles around him there, that black dude (i always forget his name lol)will be shootin him from the platform u first came down from. now when his sheild drops try to get a few close range shotgun shots. If his feild dont drop keep shooting at him while your circling him on the outskirts of the platform.
    this is the method i used on hard mode im half way through the game in legendary now, hope this helps dude

8. AlphaZap1

AlphaZap1 Member

ok, in the final battle with tartarus, i had gotten to the checkpoint with 2 brute plasma rifles in hand, and i could not figure out a way to beat him for about 4-5 days, now how i did beet him was by, holding onto my 2 plasma rifles while haveing a sword as a secondary, now when the battle first starts from the checkpoint i just cloaked and jumped over head the 5 brutes, the other elites make quick work of the 4 while Tartarus jumps down right after you then Tartarus's shield can only be taken down by 3 consecutive shot's from Johnson's beam rifle, and if you keep dancing around the area that is closest to johnson, and cloak whenever Tartarus is charging you and move, then once Johnson hits him [bold]twice[/bold] start open firing on him, by the time Johnson's 3rd shot hits him, your bullets/plasma shots are hitting him at the exact moment and keep shooting till his shield charges up again, you run out of ammo in that round, or you overheat your weapon. in anycase, the first time his shield drops its off for the shortest amount of time, with each hit you give to him, the next time the shield goes down its off for a longer duration, and as for the other brutes that come out, if you stay behind the wall while uncloaked, and cloaked while not, they dont ever see you, so they dont come over, and if they do come over just pull out a sword and make monkey brains out of em. when i used my plasma rifles against him his shield only had to be popped about 5 or 6 times and thats including the overheating of the rifles. hope i helped someone beat the tough monkey.