1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TDK 4X DVD+R MEDIA = RICOHJPN ?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by BIGTOXY69, Dec 21, 2004.

1. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Bought a spindle of TDK 4X dvd=R media @ compusa sunday 100ct. for 30.00 + tax , packaging says made in taiwan. checked disc in dvd identifier and they show as ricohjpn. are these good disc? also being they are RICOHJPN are they made in japan or taiwan? have not used them yet ! but plan to later . peace happy holidays

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

It is so hard any more to guess what is a good disk and what is not when you are buying from the store? Everyone is outsourcing to so many different manufacturers lately it has really made it a crap shoot. TDK and Ricohjpn are both supposed to be good quality. If they say made in Taiwan then I would say they are made in Taiwan unless you could prove otherwise, but I doubt it. I would say they are probably good disk's, but we won't know for sure until you try one :)

Best of luck and Happy Holidays

3. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Fair enough I guess Thanx - happy holidays

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Yo G, I have been using maxell +4x,verbatim datalife +4x,teon +8x,sony +4x,and tdk +rw.All are coded ricohjpn and working flawlessly in my pc and all the standalones I play them on. My home recorder loves the teons and they are on sale at staples,spindle of 20 for a hair under $5.00,in my area. The last 20 were super, going to pick up 100 of them in the morning.Hopefully they still will be the same code. All of my ricohjpn's mentioned above are made in taiwan.Later

5. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

saugmon- thanx for the heads up - what bbmayo says is true . Major Brand Media companies outsource so much you can't count on getting media with the same code from one spindle too the next . but you have to use something right? Anyway use what works for you right ! I have'nt had experience with Teon dvd media I have used their CDR media it Burned Okay But smelled funny Kinda like coconut weird Huh? I could'nt passs up the Tdk 4x DVD+R's they were to cheap- er I mean inexpensive. I normally use dvd-r media but my standalone plays both & records on DVD+r so they won't go to waste. Thanx saugmon, BB Mayo & all The wonderful Afterdawn.com community you're always there for me when I need info or help - peace to all & happy holidays -out

6. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey Big, those + teons that checked out as ricohjpn, My buddy bought the Teon -8x'x, those turned out to be cmags. lol merry new year.