1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TDK 880N Firmware

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by bboy_flex, Feb 4, 2005.

1. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

Currently the lowest speed that my burner can burn at is 2x. I was wondering if i updated the firmware from the TDK website if it will allow me to burn at 1X speed. Does anyone know the answer to this? The reason i am asking is because the website does not give information on what exactly the firmware upgrades or improves. Is there another site where i can update my firmware to allow me to do this? Also if i do not like the changes that my firmware has created, is it possible for the flash to be reversed? Thank you.

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Is there a reason you want to burn at 1X. Most firmware updates are to help burn faster or on different types of media. The burn speed is also regulated by the rated disc speed. I don't know if you can find 1x blank media. 2x should be slow enough for any reason. As to reversing a firmware flash, some burners you can, some you can't. I'm not sure on your model. Check this site to see if there is any info on the firmware upgrade. The complete site is about firmware.

http://www.rpc1.com.

Jerry