1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TDK 8x and higher ...help

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by zenarrrow, Feb 10, 2005.

1. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

I try to use 4x and lower when backing up my dvd's. Their is a sell on TDK's it says 8x and higher does that mean they will burn at 4x or just 8x and 16x and higher?

2. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

All dvd's have a range that they can be burned at. Usually something like 2.4, 4, 8 etc

3. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

So, if I buy them and I am using dvd shrink and dvd decrpter together do I just adjust the speed on the decrypter to 8x? I thought you shouldn't burn at more than 4x.

4. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

Most likely you will be able to select between 2.4, 4, and 8x. Just chose the desired speed in DVDD and you'll be fine.

About the issue of burning speed. It depends a lot on the quality of the media you use. Questionable media can be made more reliable by burning slower, but there is no real reason to burn slower when using quality media, like Taiyo Yuden, unless you're burning ps2 games. then slower is always better. I've burned about 100 tdk TTG02 flawlessly, all at 8x. And I have no worries about burning my 8x TY's at the 12 or 16x that my burner is capable of burning them at.