1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TDK 8X dvd-R is this another good media...???

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by alkohol, May 1, 2005.

1. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

I've mostly use FUJI and MAXELL dvd-r 8X & 4X only in the past to back up movies flawlessly. However, am wondering if this "TDK DVD-R 8X" is any good because I've only used the 4X for TDK before for backing up movies. In the past, I never checked or I didn't know how to id the blank disc due to lack of knowlege. Obviously, I'm new to this "dvdinfo and id" checking stuff, and lately I've learned that Nero can tell you the disc's manufacture id. I've checked with "Nero Info Tool" - it stated that it's manufacture id is: TTG02 - is this another good media from Taiyo?

Last edited: May 1, 2005
  2. BullyDog

BullyDog Member

I recently just purshased the TDK DVD-R x8, I've backed up 8 DVD's without any coasters. I checked Nero for surface errors and they came up all clean. I'm using the LG 4160B which is really picky about the media to use. In my opinion, great media!

3. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I have used this media on three burners a Lite-on 1633S a Nec 1300a and a HP 630c all burned great and checked them with VSO Inspector and no errors.

4. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

TDK 8X DVD-R TTG02 made in Taiwan does very well on Pioneer DVR-108, without any coasters at all!

5. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

From looking at mfg codes on Tdk media, the manufacturers look very good on their dash media.

Now on their plus media,cmc-mags are used on some of their +4x and +8x media and I was answering many threads on members getting a hold of those cmag tkd's about a week and a half ago.

I haven't tried tdk plus or dash media,but if I did- It would be the dash for sure. I think you will be ok,but sometimes there are burners that just don't like them.I do love their 2.4x +rw media.

Good Luck and burn em all up!

6. vike

vike Member

I have extensive (100+ burns) experience with TTG02 media. Not one coaster yet. As good as TY IMO. Try 'em, you won't be disappointed.

7. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Thanks a lot guys..!! Now, I feel much more safer.