1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tdk discs

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by kenkell, Feb 5, 2005.

1. kenkell

kenkell Member

I've burnt about 300 tdk discs using shrink and Nero 6. They burn great with very few coasters. Maybe 10 out of 300. Occasionally have some pixelation problems playing them but very few are serious enough that call for burning another copy. The problem I have if there is one, that the 50 pack 8x dvd+r spindles I buy want to burn by default at 16x. If I buy the 25 pack spindles of the same media, it wants to burn at 8x. (The correct speed!) I've let a few from the 50 pack burn at 16x and they burn fine, but when played and after about 75% through the movie, it messes up badly and doesn't play right! Anyone got any info about that? When I use the 50 packs, I can't let it burn after encoding using nero. I have to close out the program, bring it back up with nero, find the movie file and then I can set my correct speed at 8x to burn, otherwise it notices at 16x when the disc is inserted and wants to burn it that way! I haven't a clue at whats going on. My burner is a 16x Philips from Dell only 4 months old!

2. supafly

supafly Member

had the same problem with tdk all i did was slow down to 4x and perfect copies every time (slow burning but perfect)

3. kenkell

kenkell Member

Just bought 4 of the 8x dvd+r's 25 pack spindles. Opened two packs so far and they get noticed by Nero to burn at 8X. (The correct speed)The 2 50 packs of the same I burned, again wanted to burn at 16x! I don't know what the hell the difference is here, but something must be different about them! I emailed TDK tech support yesterday about this same issue to see what they say. I'll update when (if)I get a response.

4. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

Burning movies at 16X with any brand of disk is an invitation to pixelation and other problems. For best results movie burning should be at 4X or less, no matter how high the speed rating of the disks. Creating an image of the movie allows burning with DVD Decryptor, where the iso R burn speed can be specified. Using DVD Shrink instead of Nero can create an image and auto start of Decryptor to burn.