1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TDK dvd r choppy 4x?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dymx, Feb 22, 2007.

1. dymx

dymx Guest

I burned about 5 TDK dvd+r's successfully but the video file on 2 of them look choppy. I burned them at 4x which is the lowest speed. On the dvd r there is about seven 700mb files could that be the reason why It comes out choppy because there is too many files? What can I do to solve this.

2. JoeRyan

JoeRyan Active member

Seven times 700 MB equals 4.9 GB. On a disc whose capacity is 4.7GB decimal/4.37 GB binary, there is a mismatch somewhere. Although the knee-jerk response will be, "Don't use TDK" (even if the problem was that your computer was unplugged), it sounds as though there are problems with the file size.

Shrinking or compressing the file sizes with suitable sofware is one solution.

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

This is a little hard to detirmine with the info provided.

o What exactly are you attempting to burn?
    o What software did you use to complete this?

And of course the knee-jerk response is going to be "Don't use TDK". the discs are not the best, but they arent the worst either. As far as the file size I highly doubt that is a problem here if you had 4.9GB of data as suggested it just plain wouldn't burn the disk at all. There are numerous files on a DVD so the number of files wouldn't be the problem either.

What I suspect here and again it's hard to say with such little info provided is bad media, process in which you use to create the DVD, conflicts while burning, bad or incomplete files to begin with, and again bad media.