1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TDK DVD-R Media - Good?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by M8trix, Jan 14, 2004.

1. M8trix

M8trix Regular member

I tried burning SH2 to a TDK and the CG cut-scenes are choppy. So I'm thinking TDK isn't all it's cracked up to be. Anyone else have any problems with their DVD-R's?

2. stunn611

stunn611 Regular member

[bold] not at all. i use TDK and it work flawless. infact i just burn two dvds usin TDK 2x dvd-r right before i post this, test it and it work awesome. i think TDK is one of the best media out there. but if you're still havin problems with TDK then try other brand like Verbatim. also what program are u usin to burn?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]ps2 v7
    magic 3.1
    sony DVD-+RW DW-U12A
    TDK & Verbatim dvd-r[/small]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2004
  3. M8trix

M8trix Regular member

I'm using Alcohol 120%, so I doubt that's the problem.

4. stunn611

stunn611 Regular member

[bold] what exactly are you tryin to burn anyway, dvd or games?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Blood is red. Red is the color of a rose. A rose is a flower of love. Love can lead to hate. Hate can lead to violent. And violent can lead to blood.[/small]

Last edited: Feb 18, 2004
  5. Nuke

Nuke Member

I have used TDK -r 2x and +r 4x for dvd backups and home video. Never had a problem with it. In fact, I watched a movie burned on TDK last night and it played start to finish perfectly.

6. M8trix

M8trix Regular member

I just burnt FFX and it works fine. The CG cut-scenes run perfectly. Must have been a defective disc or something when I burned SH2.

7. slmh1296

slmh1296 Guest

Ive been backing up my dvd's since xmas with a TDK burner and TDK disc.I tried others and they gave me the best results I have done over 30 dvds.

8. M8trix

M8trix Regular member

I'm burning games, not movies.

9. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

I thought TDK was a great brand too, but I've had several bad burns recently which makes me think the 4X media isn't all it's cracked up to be. So far, Fuji has been my most reliable media.

10. stunn611

stunn611 Regular member

[bold]dogbomb, what speed are you burn at?

11. mrmarch20

mrmarch20 Member

I was wondering if the Epson printer that can print onto blank disc works with TDK DVD-R 2X media? I use the Casio thermal printer and that works fine but I want to add some color to my discs.

12. stunn611

stunn611 Regular member

[bold]you can only print on the disc that said "printable".

13. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

stunn611, I burned my TDK 4X media at 4X (12 min) and had a few bad burns, but re-burned at 2X (20 min) with no problems. My problems could be related to my burner or hard disk, so it's probably user-specific.

14. fritzmm

fritzmm Guest

I haven't had one problem with TDK Media. I do however have problems when applying labels. Does anybody else have this problem. The edges sometime come up. I think it is because the surface is so slick compared to alot of other media. Any responses would be appreciated.

15. CAR8624

CAR8624 Regular member

Yesterday, I went out to buy TDK Media Blanks [2x Speed DVD-R] because my ol Fuijfilm blanks aren't that good for burning games. Now I tested two separate games and it work perfectly.

I highly recommend TDK DVD-R 2x Speed [but make sure you burn your games 1x to be safe].

=>CAR8624

16. kevinneci

kevinneci Member

What the Heck is up?? I have been backing up my dvd's succesfully and just got some TDK +R 4x for cheap at best buy (24 dollars for 25) But all the movies I have burned onto them do not work.. What is going on? I use DVD Shrink, ImgTool and burn with DVD decrypter.. Any help? Is it possible the whole spindle is bad??

Thanks

17. Londor

Londor Guest

There are lots of fake media around. If it is too cheap it is probably not the real thing.

18. pa104inf

pa104inf Regular member

From recent experience, I would say that if the media costs a $1.00 or more per DVD+/-R (regular price)it will probably work on most DVD players.

19. flanman

flanman Member

I have been using TDK 2x Dvd-4 and 4x DVD+r and both work great for me. I do know that the TDK does have problems with the Apple superdrives which mainly pioneer drives.

20. askyew

askyew Regular member

I have had no problems at all with TDK 4X media. I have used all formats of it as well +,-, rw, but I also have a TDK burner as well. I have bought the Best Buy sale media on 3 occasions with no problems. I have burned over 70 DVD`s with no coasters, ok there was the time I burned the extras instead of the main movie.