1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TDK dvd+r won't read after they're burned

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by busta56, Nov 13, 2004.

1. busta56

busta56 Guest

I recently bought a 25 pack spindle of Tdk dvd+r and have tried to back up two different movies, with no success! I previously used Verbatim dvd+r with out a single problem. Is the Tdk Dvd+r junk or am I doing something wrong? FYI,Iam using DVD Decryptor and DVD Shrink 3.2 with a time of about 5 hrs to burn a single disc. Is that too long? Thx to whoever can Help!

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Ummm, yea just a bit.

I had an old P3 450Mhz w/ 384 MB SDRAM, and using Shrink w/ deep analysis and quality enhancements ... start to finish was around I think 3 hours.

Are you using deep analysis? and or quality enhancements? And can you post your system specs?

Last, have you checked your ide settings?

3. busta56

busta56 Guest

my specs are: 1 ghz pentium 3, 383 SDR Ram, 60 Gb hardrive.
    I notice that most of the time is the encoding, that takes anywhere from 2 1/2 hrs to 3/12 hrs then the actual burning takes about 1 1/2 hours. All my specs are according to what was posted on another thread by Scuba Pete.
    I'll check what you told me so far, but i'm not sure where to check the " Ide Settings ".

4. flip218

What O/S are you running? And are you using Shrinks extras? (deep analysis and quality enhancements?).

If you are it should take around 3-3/12 hours.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2004
  5. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

6. busta56

busta56 Guest

My o/s : windows millenium.
    I don't usually use the shrink extras, but i'll try them. what would they change, I mean what should i pay attention to, i.e the quality settings,what should i set them to?
    I also want to thx for taking the time, you guys have been really cool!

7. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

What is the media code of your TDK media?

What dvdrw. Internal, external?

8. flip218

Wow ... something is definitely wrong. The Shrink extras will only add time. You need to make sure whether your using them or not. Most of the time it will double the process time.

9. busta56

busta56 Guest

So, what do you think is wrong? Would it have anything to do w/ my specs! I would definitely like to shave a couple of hours off. I usually start a disc right before i go to bed and in the morning i have myself a back up.

10. busta56

busta56 Guest

the way i back up, is i insert the original, press open in the Shrink, and deselect the unused languages. After that i simply push back up and wait for several hours.........and Ta Da!!!!!!

11. busta56

busta56 Guest

I just returned the Tdk brand disc right now , assuming that they're junk. And Now i'm on my way to get some more of the Verbatim Dvd+r's.

12. flip218

I would check your ide settings.

13. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

We can't help if you don't try our suggestions and answer our questions.

14. busta56

busta56 Guest

Mort 81, I checked that link that you posted , and it doesn't offer much help, it's a little above my head! I'm reading along and i get lost. My windows and options don't seem to open the way the article lays out. i.e. i don't see what they are talking about.

15. flip218

16. busta56

busta56 Guest

Thx flip! I'll definitely try that right now! I'll let you know how that turns out!