1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TDK DVD-R's

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by AND1, Jun 18, 2002.

1. AND1

AND1 Guest

I'm thinking about getting a 100 pack of TDK DVD-R's from ebay. They have them for 185. Thats 1.85 per disk. I'm just wondering if they are any good in quality. Anyone who has used these please let me know. I want to use them to backup movies and play them on my DVD player. Also if you guys can list some of the DVD-R's you use and telling us which ones you were successful with and the ones that were bad would be helpful.

2. GWalmsley

GWalmsley Member

I buy some nonbranded princo ones from www.121cdr.co.uk they are 99p each and come with a dvd case...these work great if you have a pioneer writer.

3. g8torb8t

g8torb8t Member

I ordered 100 dvd-r's from ESBuy.com for $168.00. I have burned about 20 of them so far without any coasters. Worked for me in a Pioneer DVR-A04.

4. ultima

ultima Member

Suggest TDK...

Princo is not that good when playing back... (they do record fine though)

Esbuy... they mix about 20% B grade media into their A grade media.. you can tell B grade media by bubble looking holes at the very outer rim of the media and gel leak in the middle clear rim...

I buy from buy-dvd-r.com although their price is higher, but never failed me... even copies ps2 games like a wonder... =)

5. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

wow, im resurrecting the dead here...somewhat sad to think i KNOW exactly what these guys are talking about, i paid $2/disc back in the days too~ TDK has gone through SOOO many changes since then in terms of manufacturers and such~

reminiscing....wow, i AM old...been burning for awhile~ :)