1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TDK dvdr x16 help reviewing

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by 0ldskool, Jan 15, 2008.

1. 0ldskool

0ldskool Member

Ok i just bought some TDK dvd-r 16x and im scared to open it cause from what i read on forums they are horrible. the thing is i also hear that memorex are the bottom of all possible discs yet i bought 150 (3 packs of 50)dvdr used them all and got only 1 bad burn which was my fault...

I dont want to open the package yet until im sure its ok. I just wanted to know how long do u guys think the dvd's will last after i burn a disc and how much longer ty or verbetium discs would last in comparsion

also will using lower quality discs damage the laser or any other part of a dvd player?

hmmm if u guys can think of anything else that needs to be added feel free :)

2. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Regular member

the low quality disc won't hurt your dvd player

the TDK will most likely code out as cmc mag same as memorex, you can use DVD Identfier to check.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-Tools/CD-DVD-Rip-Other-Tools/DVD-Identifier.shtml

its hard to say how long the memorex will last , more then likely not long. however good media like Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim should last years. I have some TY media thats over 5 years old that still play fine

Last edited: Jan 17, 2008
  3. GatlinGun

GatlinGun Regular member

I have been using TDK discs for over two years with a 95% positive rate. CostCo has them at buy 1 get one free until 1/21/08. I also use Verbatium.

4. 1bonehead

1bonehead Guest

Make sure firmware on burner is updated.