1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TDK media bad but Princo media good? why?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by kukrisna, Dec 6, 2004.

1. kukrisna

kukrisna Member

hey all

alright - so i recently purchased Swap Magic with the slide tool and i was doing some backups

on my ps2 (v5), the GTA games dont really work too well with my TDK media and constantly freezes up with read errors - and i checked the tag and its TTG01 which is supposed to be good, but the GTA
    backups work flawlessly, so far, with Princo media which is supposed to be bad and im clueless as to why

however, i also backed up Burnout 3 and MGS3 but used the TDK media, and they run fine so far with just some minor skipping in FMVs and stuff

anyone know why?

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

the ps2 can be quite picky about what media it plays, but if you have found one that works for you then stick with it

3. teggy

teggy Regular member

GTA doesn't work with tdk ttgo2, meaning that it isn't bad media. I have made 4 or 5 burns to TDK TTG02 and it's all good.

4. Haskett

Haskett Member

I have been running into the exact same problems with my V.5 PS2. I have backed up almost 20 games now on about 4 different types of media (verbatim, maxell, memorex, fujifilm) . I can burn and play a couple of games on one type of media and then all of a sudden i get coasters, then switch to a different brand and can copy and play again for a while. I have adjusted & cleaned my laser but i am still running into the same problems over and over. Could it be that my damn PS2 is that picky about the media it wants? Or could it be that my laser is going and thats why it worx sometimes and not others?

5. teggy

teggy Regular member

It could be the laser, but it could be that your machine is picky. If you read thru the forums, you will notice that ppl use no name brands to great effect sometimes.

Me personally, used OPTODISCR04, it was a silver top DVD-R media from GAME, the biggest video games store in the UK(I think it's the biggest). They sold them as there own. But that media was good, I had one coaster, but that's because my PC restarted. So really, I have only one coaster, that is GTA:SA. I have a copy on the optodisc, it's fine with minor graphical problesm occasionally. However it doesn't work on TDK media.

Also my PS2 is a v5/6, my ps2 cannot boot the swap magic cd or some ps1 games sometimes it wont even read audio cd's. It doesn't read DVD+R's either. But generally Ritek G04, if you can get a hold of that, it should work very well.

6. kukrisna

kukrisna Member

lol - interesting - thx