1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TDK reccomended or not?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by kyle_101, Mar 6, 2005.

1. kyle_101

kyle_101 Guest

Hi can anyone tell me if they have used and what their experience was with TDK blank dvd-r. And if any other brands could be reccomended.

Thanks

2. sadsac

sadsac Guest

I haven't tried the DVD-R, but I have used the DVD+R TDK disks. I really like them. I believe they are very high quality, even though they coded out as being made by CMC magnetics.

But I like the Verbatim Digital Media disks a lot better. They're MCC (Mitsubishi Chemical Corp.) made. This is supposed to be a much better company. The disks I'm talking about are the ones that look like movie reels.

3. JLebowski

JLebowski Member

Just for the record- Anything made by CMC is far from high quality. You'll find out in a few months when you can't play back any of your disc.

4. sadsac

sadsac Guest

You're probably right! But they (at least physically) appear to be much nicer than the Fuji disks I bought that coded out as TY Yuden T02's. They were speckled pieces of crap with shoddy glueing between the layers.

But you're correct. I have no idea if they'll withstand the test of time.

I have a feeling that CMC and all the other dye making companies have numerous lines running in their plants. Their low line "crap" disks probably go to the companies such as store branded disks - i.e. Office Depot coaster cake box. Their high line disks probably go to companies such as TDK.

Same with Yuden. Low line (Fuji). High line (Sony).

Just a thought. I may be wrong.

5. kyle_101

kyle_101 Guest

Do you know a good site in the uk where i could get some verbatim discs?

6. kyle_101

kyle_101 Guest

What about the new ridisc extreme with the (Ritek Go5 dye)??? Any good. Also wondering about the verbatim dvd-r's are they any good, are the verbatim dvd+r better than the verbatim dvd-r????

7. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Also wondering about the verbatim dvd-r's are they any good, are the verbatim dvd+r better than the verbatim dvd-r???? neither is better ,there different formats,depends on what is compatable with your drivers,burners .stand alone play etc. and yes Verbatim is good media also TY,Ritek,TDK,Maxell.i dont think the new Riteks are out yet but i heard there were a big hoax.but not sure

8. kyle_101

kyle_101 Guest

Datawrite 8x (MCC) Orange DVD+R is capable of writing at 8x, not only is this disc manufactured by one of the best known manufactures in the industry but it uses the fantastic Verbatim MCC (Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation) dye. We would recommend this disc to all users who want an 8x DVD+R disc, it is capable of fantastic video playback and is also ideal for archiving computer data.
    Straight fro mthe manfacturers site, bullshit or not??

9. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

YES it def. good media MCC makes good media as far as the 8x goes though dont get to hung up on that i burn at 4x as do most of us, less write errors. check out TY,Ritek also you can look at blank media and buy it online at meritline.com , supermedia store .com try either of thoses.

10. kyle_101

kyle_101 Guest

cool cause they have a special on at the mo on those discs, seeing as ritek make ridisc does that mean that you are good quality?

11. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

correct ,if you get ritek get the ridata,ritek grade A media

12. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Verbatim are one of the best brands. Personally I use TDK DVD+R (when I don't have time to go to Sam's Club and get Verbatim).

I think TDK has the kind of dvdr that you don't know what to expect from them. One batch may be good, one might be bad, etc.

13. GatlinGun

GatlinGun Regular member

I use a TDK burner with TDK media. A very good match.

14. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

kyle_101, you asked where to get Verbatim in the UK. The one place i use (there are obviously others) is www.ebuyer.co.uk. I use 8x DVD-R Datalifeplus these days, they're about £8 a cakebox of 25. Usually buy 3 or 4 to justify the same postage amount, so works out about £9 a tub all in. So far i've had tubs from taiwan and india, all seem ok and have media code MCC 02RG20 (touch wood)

Rich

15. kyle_101

kyle_101 Guest

Thanks for that i will be sure to check out the site.